PDA

View Full Version : C450, FS-603 jamming and weird issues

Custom Search

SAR
11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I have a C450 with intermittant issues. The main one is a 7403 jam, which is in the horizontal transport unit of the finisher. The customer also said the finisher will randomly hole punch their copies when they did not select hole punching, which results in a jam. They have also had some F023 service codes which can be caused by electrical noise from the finisher. So far I have updated copier and finisher firmware, swapped out transport unit on finisher, reseated all connectors on finisher and pwb-mc boards, cleared and reprogrammed memory.
The customer left the jam in the machine for me this time and it jammed right at the finisher entrance where the hole punch unit is.
From the sound of it I need to replace the PWB MC board on the copier, but wanted to see if anyone else out there has seen this problem

SAR
11-15-2012, 06:17 PM
One other issue it has that is not related, if they load 11x17 paper in tray 1, the paper will wrinkle (you can hear the paper making a crunching noise as it feeds through) on the trail edge of the page. I have moved the 11x17 to one of the lower trays and have no problems.
Just curious on this one, because I have seen this on more than one of this series of machines.

Custom Search