PDA

View Full Version : C450 won't print gradation page

Custom Search

mobeus
11-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi,

I have a bizhub c450 and the black text looks blurry, somebody suggested doing a gradation cycle a few times to try and clean it up, the problem being when I try to print the page to then scan in it never comes out no matter how many times I push start, on the odd occasion I have got a piece of A4 to make its way out but it is always blank.

Why won't my c450 print this page?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

M

minimerlin
11-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi,

I have a bizhub c450 and the black text looks blurry, somebody suggested doing a gradation cycle a few times to try and clean it up, the problem being when I try to print the page to then scan in it never comes out no matter how many times I push start, on the odd occasion I have got a piece of A4 to make its way out but it is always blank.

Why won't my c450 print this page?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

MHave you tried cleaning the print head? (LED Array?) Is the machine showing any error codes or oil cans on the display? Are you a tech or end user? Have you done a reset and stabilisation? You have not told us what you have done to try and rectify the situation.

JustManuals
11-16-2012, 01:48 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mo0651
11-16-2012, 04:11 PM
C450 I think you have to have ledger paper in the Bypass or tray #1

mobeus
11-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

yes I have tried cleaning the arrays quite a few times but i can't get it to perform any better.

The machine shows NO error codes or oil cans.

I have not done a reset and stabilisation as i am not sure how to do this.

I am an end user but work in IT and would be keen to lean a bit more about how to maintain these machines as I have a couple of them.

The other c450 I have I can get to print the test page on A3 paper loaded into the top tray, but the other one wont do it.

I have not really tried much else as I have got stuck on getting the faulty printer to print the gradation test page out.

M

habik
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

yes I have tried cleaning the arrays quite a few times but i can't get it to perform any better.

The machine shows NO error codes or oil cans.

I have not done a reset and stabilisation as i am not sure how to do this.

I am an end user but work in IT and would be keen to lean a bit more about how to maintain these machines as I have a couple of them.

The other c450 I have I can get to print the test page on A3 paper loaded into the top tray, but the other one wont do it.

I have not really tried much else as I have got stuck on getting the faulty printer to print the gradation test page out.

M

You need to reset the Background and Image Stabiliser. Then Image stabilise, then gradation all in service mode.

If you are not getting any P-codes which I would check anyway even if they are not showing up, then I'd suspect LED array, or Cleaning LED array or Imaging unit itself. Possibly firmware update may help, which again means that you may need to purchase a manual. Sound rubbish but trust me , I have learned a lot more from manuals then relying on copytechnet answers only. It won't break your wallet and its a lot faster in fault finding.

pay Paul@ Manualsforyou a visit and I am sure even he may get you started with a wiser hint, and for sure you can make a deal wioth him on firmware too ;)

Welcome in the Enginnering site. When you are one of us, we take care of you. You scratch our backs with difficult IT related problems, we take care of your C450's. They good machines, not the latest, but good workhorses if you treat them well.

How sounds that to you?

EarthKmTech
11-17-2012, 02:46 AM
the thin deposits on the LED arrays that cause blurry print cannot be removed with the print head cleaner pad dry.

I use "electrolube" rubber roller restorer for just about anything and everything, including cleaning label residue off belts and drums leaving behind zero evidence or residue. Cleaning LED arrays is just one more thing this miracle fluid in a can does perfectly, every single time, restoring razor sharp print quality the first time.

habik
11-17-2012, 05:10 PM
the thin deposits on the LED arrays that cause blurry print cannot be removed with the print head cleaner pad dry.

I use "electrolube" rubber roller restorer for just about anything and everything, including cleaning label residue off belts and drums leaving behind zero evidence or residue. Cleaning LED arrays is just one more thing this miracle fluid in a can does perfectly, every single time, restoring razor sharp print quality the first time.

SOLD ! :)

mobeus
11-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi,

sorry for not coming back with where I am up to with this copier, i've had a few other things on the go.

With perseverance I have managed to get the machine to print out the gradation page and scan it in for the copier option, but when I try to do either of the other 2 options it just prints out a blank page and obviously it doesn't like scanning this in.

Now after managing to do the gradation for the copier section if you print out anything with colour on, all the colours are messed up.

Would a firmware update get the gradation pages to all print out correctly or do I have a hardware issue thats causing this?

Thanks

matt

Custom Search