PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C500/CPP500 Error code SC45-20 both machines and then one stopped heating fixer-Help?

Custom Search

Merv
11-17-2012, 02:19 AM
It's been a while since I've been here. But I have a problem I cannot resolve. I have two machines and my copies are (were) coming out nice and clean - very happy camper! Then I got a SC45-20 error code. Opened er up and cleaned the sensors but when I went to restart it it wouldn't even go into the service mode (pressing 2-5 together). We noticed the fixer wasn't warming so I swapped out the circuit board (front) and the fixing unit, still no heat. So I went back to my back up unit and I have the same error code but can get into the service mode (2-5). A clue might be my toner, I am very low on yellow and am waiting for an order coming in on Monday but I need to get up and running (like to ensure they'll run again). I'd like to just erase the error code and move on, the registration looks great. The 45-20 code says "Color registration correction results in abnormality" And says the problem is the PRCB or the front and rear sensors. Any ideas for me to look at other than these?

Merv
11-17-2012, 06:43 PM
This is an Icon CPP500, same as a Bizhub Pro C500.

Two questions.

1) What is stopping the one unit from even heating the fixer? Changed out the fixer with a working one and the front circuit board. And this machine won't even allow me to access the service mode.

2) How can I cancel the registration error code 45-20 on the machine I can get into the service mode on?

Thanks

Merv
11-17-2012, 10:41 PM
After hours of going through all the settings and checks, after finally getting into the 47 and 36 modes I got back into the 25 too. Now I have heat in the fixer and all the parameters are good. PRCB good, the heaters good, and even the registrations sensors check out good. Yet it keeps giving me the 45-20 error code.

So I decided to do a full color registration adjustment and it only prints black no matter what I select.

Also I found, while doing this, the paper I had been using when this all happened wasn't cut square, not that I know if this would make any difference.

There is some counts out of adjustment but as it doesn't print color now the machine doesn't recognize the scanned sheet.

Arrgghh!

Should I just smash these units into tiny little fragments?

Merv
11-18-2012, 02:58 AM

Here are the registration lines as I interrupted the startup cycle

The fixer is heating again but I keep getting the same error code.

All the values are good when I checked in the 47 mode

Registration sensors front 36-03 is 147 rear 36-04 is 133

PRCB checks good

blackcat4866
11-18-2012, 03:13 AM
The yellow and black patch are there, but I'm not seeing the cyan and magenta patches. =^..^=

Merv
11-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Yes, I ran it up twice and never got a good cyan or Magenta patch
Where do I look to solve this?

blackcat4866
11-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Could be laser, developing drive, or developing bias loss. Specifically cyan and magenta. =^..^=

Custom Search