PDA

View Full Version : I need a little advice from KM techs

Custom Search

mikadonovan
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
We are considering putting a KM 6501 PRO C into the field. I am predominately a Ricoh tech, so I need to know if this is a good machine, or a POS maintenance nightmare. Thanks.

blaze2000
11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I like them, they work better as a runner. Meaning, the places that use them as more walk up and small pint runs, seemingly have more issues between pms than the runs that do longer runs. Calibrated correctly and tge image quality is outstanding.

Albonline
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
The 6501 is, plainly put, a tank. put it out there and watch it run.

I like them, they work better as a runner. Meaning, the places that use them as more walk up and small pint runs, seemingly have more issues between pms than the runs that do longer runs. Calibrated correctly and tge image quality is outstanding.

MFPTech
11-21-2012, 08:17 PM
When it comes to High-end machines, Konicas are the only ones that I would recommend, especially for print shops.

Kidaver
11-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I would agree. we have a c7000p in the print shop. As long as you run the crap out of them and not do a lot of just black and white printing on it but more color you will see few problems. If you run a lot of black and white over color you'll wear down your parts and lose money.

Mick01
11-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,
C6501 is a great machine. It is the fourth generation of this model. I may be biased as I work in support but I believe it is the best machine in that price range. Even better are the new range (c6/7000)

BVulgaris
01-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Its not the machine you should be worried about. The machine is a tank that can produce miracles. But this quality and performance is based on the assumption that your technician can do the work. Make sure you get servicing from some one who has experience with this machine.

I have however i know of some examples where production facilities went with Ricoh for reliability in printing, UV coating, and speed of production over the quality produced by the 6501.

Personally i like what can be done with the 6501 but for some locations that cannot get adequate servicing, you may want to think your purchase out strategically and waive the desire for quality.

Chameleon
01-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Good machine. I have worked on the Canon CLC5100's and the Ricoh C900 pro. If I had to choose between the 3 to do a full PM I'd pick the C6501, it is easier to work on and has much better output. 2 screws, move some stuff out of the way and the image unit with the drums, developers, and transfer belt slide out. Not as fast as the C900, service mode isn't quite as good as the others, but it is much simpler to disassemble. I have the same experience, the more they run the fewer problems. The more they sit idle or have short runs, like 500 or less, the more frequently I visit. Be sure to stock the corona units. Most copy quality issues are just a matter of replacing those. I've given up restringing those since most of the time I got callbacks. Overall, very few (if any) issues not related to the routine consumable parts.

BVulgaris
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I have to agree with Chameleon on the specs and design of the 6501 , but like i said... if you are dealing with some one with that level of experience these are incredible machines and at the top of the market. If your servicing company says they will train some one and this is the first time they've worked on this machine, you may want to review what level of service you can get for each machine in your area rather than the performance of the machine itself.

Custom Search