PDA

View Full Version : KM 1820 Uneven Print and Copy

Custom Search

acidbag
11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
New drum installed about 2 months ago and toner replaced, machine cleaned and cleaning blade cleaned, i'm still getting this uneven copy and print from my KM 1820 machine. I am using a generic toner but have had good copies with the same toner for over a year. No moist copy paper issue coz i've tried this on 7 different brands.

Attached is a sample of the said copy. I get the same result even when printing. Sorry about the resolution since i am unable to attached bigger sized attachment from the scans of the same machine in here. The copy and print are solid on 80% of the page and 20% part is faded even when set to high quality. The copy is also dirty after several run.

I tried cleaning the blade, the copy becomes clean but the faded part goes up to about 40%.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

monstott2010
11-20-2012, 06:36 PM
looks like the process unit is shot, likely to the generic toner... try using OEM toner to prolong drum and developer life...

acidbag
11-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Would love to see you smooth talk kyocera mita's only distributor's head of operations here in my city, calling that guy a nitwit is an understatement. Won't even sell me a new copier just cause i've decided to try generic toner on my machine after it's no longer under his sacred warranty.

If he ain't selling me new copier, you can bet your sweet ass he ain't selling me OEM. Been there done that, even if you force a baton up his arse he ain't budging.

monstott2010
11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Would love to see you smooth talk kyocera mita's only distributor's head of operations here in my city, calling that guy a nitwit is an understatement. Won't even sell me a new copier just cause i've decided to try generic toner on my machine after it's no longer under his sacred warranty. If he ain't selling me new copier, you can bet your sweet ass he ain't selling me OEM. Been there done that, even if you force a baton up his arse he ain't budging.Try this... Kyocera Mita KM1820 Toner Cartridges (http://www.precisionroller.com/toner-cartridges-for-kyocera-mita-km1820/products.html)

Venom
11-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Simple fix, Take the drum/dev unit out and shake the shit out of it.

monstott2010
11-21-2012, 06:28 AM
by the image posted, it looks like process unit is damaged...possibly even fuser damage

Tonerkiller
11-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I would put in a new transfer roller. That may resolve the issue.

acidbag
11-22-2012, 01:24 AM

May i ask what's the rationale for doing so? Wouldn't that end with the toner flying off everywhere?

nmfaxman
11-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Would love to see you smooth talk kyocera mita's only distributor's head of operations here in my city, calling that guy a nitwit is an understatement. Won't even sell me a new copier just cause i've decided to try generic toner on my machine after it's no longer under his sacred warranty.

If he ain't selling me new copier, you can bet your sweet ass he ain't selling me OEM. Been there done that, even if you force a baton up his arse he ain't budging.

The images look like toner clumping caused by cheap toner. No repeat pattern and bad transfer on lead edge.

Newer copiers are using polymerized toner. All toner particles are the same size with lubrication chemicals.
Only their toner factories have the equipment and formula to make it.

Generic-compatible don't have the same process or formula. Mono component toner is easy to reproduce now because it has stayed the same for as long as I can remember. HP and Canon you can get away with generic toner, you just have to clean the machine more often and replace parts sooner. Dual component depends on developer to toner size. Most generic have different sources for each. DV doesn't match toner size therefore not the proper static charge to match the control voltages.

I would put all new process (drum, toner, DV, charge unit and fuser) in the machine and take a before image, wait 3 weeks or 2k and take an after.
Take the samples to his boss and show the part and labor costs and demand reimbursement or find a better supplier.

Anyone pushing generic is out for fast money, not to machine reliability nor customer retention and satisfaction.

monstott2010
11-22-2012, 02:57 AM
I would put in a new transfer roller. That may resolve the issue.
since dirty image on front side of copy I wouldnt worry about the transfer roller....

Venom
11-22-2012, 12:16 PM
May i ask what's the rationale for doing so? Wouldn't that end with the toner flying off everywhere?

These machines are poor at distributing toner evenly, shaking will take clumps of toner out and make density even....I should have looked at sample first...that drum unit is shot

acidbag
12-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Tried replacing drum with a used spare and cleaned the cleaning blade. I am able to get a clean copy now but the faded part of copy is still present. Also we have intermittent faded copies(see attachment). Wondering if this isn't a problem with the fusing temperature?

We replaced the lamp before thinking it what caused another problem in the past, we later realized it was the thermal cutout and got the machine running. Another thing i noticed is that during paper jam, the paper that got stuck, its print can be easily erased with just brushing a finger on it. Its like the toner didn't bind with paper.

Guys you need to realize i am from the Philippines, we have very few options here. We don't have the same freedom with buyers choice compared to many of you here. Buying an OEM online is x40+ in our currency, not to mention shipping. If an official distributor wants to fuck with a local customer, they surely can. Sometimes too much is just too much and we try to survive with whats in front of us. Our only options at best is generic, it allows us a bit of freedom though it fucks us up in the head trying to figure out whats what with no support. So i am asking for a little patience and perhaps understanding with our situation, i'd like to try out options before having to come to final decision with a very atrocious distributor.

Much appreciated if you understand.

blackcat4866
12-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Listen or not, that's fine. The generic toner is causing the problem for all the reasons already specified. If you choose to ignore the advice, that's up to you.

Your Kyocera rep is entirely justified in negating your warranty when you use generic toner. You can insult me too now, but it won't fix the problem. Use OEM toner. That's all of it in three words. And before you damage another drum. =^..^=

acidbag
12-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Listen or not, that's fine. The generic toner is causing the problem for all the reasons already specified. If you choose to ignore the advice, that's up to you.

Your Kyocera rep is entirely justified in negating your warranty when you use generic toner. You can insult me too now, but it won't fix the problem. Use OEM toner. That's all of it in three words. And before you damage another drum. =^..^=

Like i said, he won't sell me a NEW MACHINE so obviously he ain't selling me toners and parts. He did not negate any warranty coz it ended long before i tried using generic. I replaced the original drum before thinking it was the problem, therefore it wasn't damaged. The one i replaced since i cant buy anymore from the local distributor is of course generic. I think when you use the word listen, you should do that first.

Certainly didn't come here to argue, was more hoping a question is asked before you assume certain things. A helpful tone will sound helpful. If you're going to bark, some people will think you'll also bite, makes some of us nervous. Don't ya get tired of being a snob just coz you knows things? Relax.

acidbag
12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The images look like toner clumping caused by cheap toner. No repeat pattern and bad transfer on lead edge.

Newer copiers are using polymerized toner. All toner particles are the same size with lubrication chemicals.
Only their toner factories have the equipment and formula to make it.

Generic-compatible don't have the same process or formula. Mono component toner is easy to reproduce now because it has stayed the same for as long as I can remember. HP and Canon you can get away with generic toner, you just have to clean the machine more often and replace parts sooner. Dual component depends on developer to toner size. Most generic have different sources for each. DV doesn't match toner size therefore not the proper static charge to match the control voltages.

I would put all new process (drum, toner, DV, charge unit and fuser) in the machine and take a before image, wait 3 weeks or 2k and take an after.
Take the samples to his boss and show the part and labor costs and demand reimbursement or find a better supplier.

Anyone pushing generic is out for fast money, not to machine reliability nor customer retention and satisfaction.

Thanks for the nice explanation. Looks like i'm just gonna wear this one out until its no longer useful since my local distributor is being a dick and his the only dick for KM. Appreciate the explanation.

blackcat4866
12-02-2012, 06:54 PM
At least you're consistent. You couldn't have chosen a better username. =^..^=

acidbag
12-03-2012, 02:04 AM
At least you're consistent. You couldn't have chosen a better username. =^..^=

Depends on what your assumptions are this time? Or is it that time of the month for you? Get off that high horse you're riding, accidents can happen.

blackcat4866
12-03-2012, 02:15 AM
If you're asking if I'll drop to your level, the answer is No. Save your juvenile insults for someone that cares.

This is a public forum, and lots of people read these posts including my employer, and maybe yours too acidbag.
(I just love that name. Thanks for choosing it.) =^..^=

monstott2010
12-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Tried replacing drum with a used spare and cleaned the cleaning blade. I am able to get a clean copy now but the faded part of copy is still present. Also we have intermittent faded copies(see attachment). Wondering if this isn't a problem with the fusing temperature?

We replaced the lamp before thinking it what caused another problem in the past, we later realized it was the thermal cutout and got the machine running. Another thing i noticed is that during paper jam, the paper that got stuck, its print can be easily erased with just brushing a finger on it. Its like the toner didn't bind with paper.

Guys you need to realize i am from the Philippines, we have very few options here. We don't have the same freedom with buyers choice compared to many of you here. Buying an OEM online is x40+ in our currency, not to mention shipping. If an official distributor wants to fuck with a local customer, they surely can. Sometimes too much is just too much and we try to survive with whats in front of us. Our only options at best is generic, it allows us a bit of freedom though it fucks us up in the head trying to figure out whats what with no support. So i am asking for a little patience and perhaps understanding with our situation, i'd like to try out options before having to come to final decision with a very atrocious distributor.

Much appreciated if you understand.

Based on the descriptions given and the images, it still looks like you could have a drum issue due to the generic toner used... understanding the issues with the local dealer, but that still can not cover the damages done by the generics... if the online purchase is higher, my suggestion is to weigh out the cost of the replacement process unit, fuser, transfer roller against the occasional OEM toner.... don't forget to factor in service time to continually replace the parts and go from there....

Ctl-Alt-Del
12-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Guys you need to realize i am from the Philippines, we have very few options here.

you should buy this thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlWvLtEGr0

born_to_be
01-05-2013, 06:58 AM
New drum installed about 2 months ago and toner replaced, machine cleaned and cleaning blade cleaned, i'm still getting this uneven copy and print from my KM 1820 machine. I am using a generic toner but have had good copies with the same toner for over a year. No moist copy paper issue coz i've tried this on 7 different brands.

Attached is a sample of the said copy. I get the same result even when printing. Sorry about the resolution since i am unable to attached bigger sized attachment from the scans of the same machine in here. The copy and print are solid on 80% of the page and 20% part is faded even when set to high quality. The copy is also dirty after several run.

I tried cleaning the blade, the copy becomes clean but the faded part goes up to about 40%.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

genetic toner is mostly common problem in faded and uneven copy..if the fade copy is in the right part its cause by the LSU the polygon.maybe your polygon is dusty.

acidbag
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
If you're asking if I'll drop to your level, the answer is No. Save your juvenile insults for someone that cares.

This is a public forum, and lots of people read these posts including my employer, and maybe yours too acidbag.
(I just love that name. Thanks for choosing it.) =^..^=

Sorry to disappoint you cat, i'm not someone's employee. ^-^

I'm beginning to assume(you're contagious) that my forum name is making you dribble down memory lane? Lol Awwww....Tsk tsk tsk

FYI, we don't call it that in my part in the world. I'm not sure if we have that kind here too. But then again, you tell me, you seem to be the master of the "obvious" *wink*

acidbag
01-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the "HELPFUL" replies from some of you here. Except for the spinster takes that blackcat seems to be threading by, along with his faithful minions.

Just seem hard for some to understand that this is a forum where you write, not spoken, so you get to review what someone has written, therefore no need to be going at the same words over and over, makes the thread shorter and flowing properly. If you're gonna write with the same answers and be abrasive with your own sense of (over)pride, chances are, someone can strike back too and when you don't like it, what are you doing with the thread? I don't think you're helping if you're driving it to a lot of OT's. So save your blahs with the wife ffs.

Going back with this problem, finally found someone brave enough to tinker what really is causing my copy problem, as it turned out, my sweep gear z13 and gear z18-36(as labeled by the service manual-this is only a single gear) have chipped. Also DLP screw B have broken off a small portion of its tip.

Replaced all the mentioned parts, and my copy is back to perfect.

Helpful replies are appreciated, Happy New Year to All! :D

Custom Search