PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 43

Custom Search

agudmove
11-21-2012, 05:13 PM
A blurred edge about 3 inches into copy, from top to bottom, when copying from DF and platen glass. Fine when printing. Problem in scanner unit, I have changed whole scanner unit on previous problematic 43. Now I have an epidemic of them. Anyone had this.

EarthKmTech
11-21-2012, 09:40 PM
any chance you can scan and upload one of these pages, I wouldnt mind having seeing what to look out for - i've as yet not had a single call out to one of these machines.

JR2ALTA
11-22-2012, 02:58 AM
any chance you can scan and upload one of these pages, I wouldnt mind having seeing what to look out for - i've as yet not had a single call out to one of these machines.

Second that

agudmove
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Here is a sample of the KM 43 distortion.

EarthKmTech
11-23-2012, 09:09 AM
wtf, thats messed up.

is the actual scanner a sealed unit on these, such as the c200 and little bizhubs like the 161?

Id be changing that unit because its seriously screwed.

agudmove
11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
You couldn't really call it a sealed unit, held on by torx screws also, what a pain, it can be accessed. 2 flat cables, motor, CCD, thats it. € 460 for the scanner unit.

blackcat4866
11-23-2012, 04:14 PM
A blurred edge about 3 inches into copy, from top to bottom, when copying from DF and platen glass. Fine when printing. Problem in scanner unit, I have changed whole scanner unit on previous problematic 43. Now I have an epidemic of them. Anyone had this.

3 inches or 3 centimeters?

This doesn't make any sense to me, and I'll explain why. If the anomaly is not appearing on prints, you've ruled out the print engine, including the laser. This is where it goes awry: You should not see the same defect through the DF and OC (off copyboard), unless you've got a bad CCD or scanner board (image processing). When scanning from the DP, the optics remain static in the sub-scan direction. When scanning OC, the optics move in the sub-scan direction, and the most likely cause is an obstruction in the optical path, that the mirrors bounce over. Originals scanned through the DF should not be affected.

What direction was this originals scanned, LTR or LTR-R? My guess is LTR. I would manually drive the scanner through a full pass in the sub-scan direction. The kind of obstructions I've seen over the years have been:
1) Canon: self adhesive chromed strips on the scanner rail lift off the frame, or migrate off one side or the other.
2) Canon: lens light blocking curtain tears loose and snags on light source #1.
3) Canon/Mita: too long index screws have been installed, snagging on light source #1.
4) Samsung: top scanner cover melts from exposure lamp heat.
5) Kyocera/Ricoh: scanner glides come loose/unstuck.
6) Mita: scanner wire rope is incorrectly over-wrapped over the drive drum, periodically binding.
7) Sharp: scanner drive timing belt is too loose, periodically jumping teeth.
8) Sharp: scanner drive motor stalls due to failure of the scanner motor and/or motor driver PWB, or over-tight scanner cable.
9) Any: Lumps of dried up grease and crud on the scanner rail trip up light source #1. Lack of lubrication.

In the end, any kind of obstruction to movement of light source#1 or light source #2/#3 can produce this effect.
I hope this helps. =^..^=

agudmove
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
After changing various scanner bits from a good machine, the problem is the CCD unit.

blackcat4866
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Congratulations! =^..^=

Custom Search