PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c451 imaging unit printing faint

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
11-22-2012, 09:31 AM

Hi All

I have a bizhub c451 cyan imaging unit that is showing up as half full but the printouts are coming out faded I have printed a graduation test in the attached photo. Would anyone know why this is happening.

This leads me to my second question can these imaging units be remanufactured and if so has anyone got instructions.

Thanks

Zeldaman
11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi there!
Try to glue some patches of the spare-PH-cleaner pads on the black rubber(?) at the blue holding-lever (best on all blue levers), and look if some of the developer is on the base-plate over the ph-unit.Also clean the scorotron-grid.
Sorry, but i donīt know if its possible to remanufacter them.
Greetings...

Lasersupplies
11-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the suggestion but it did not work, any other ideas? Thanks

MAD0RAM
11-22-2012, 10:29 AM
This looks to me like a failed IU At best you could try a toner add to see if it would fill the blanks but it will not last.

The fix for this I am afraid is a new IU.

Dickie
11-22-2012, 10:41 AM
IU has failed. It has either dumped or used the developer. Have seen a few of these and never found a cause on the machine, it is just down to a faulty IU

Lasersupplies
11-22-2012, 11:02 AM
THanks for your replies I had feared this but was hopin there was a work around, I am tired of year machines so expensive when a iu fails. What is the most economical yet hard working a3 colour machine about (at an affordable price obviously!) thanks

Avskrap
11-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Wear and tear. Nothing extraordinary. Replace the IU with a new one and you're good to go. They're not made to be rebuilt.

JustManuals
11-22-2012, 08:17 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
11-22-2012, 10:11 PM

Hi All

I have a bizhub c451 cyan imaging unit that is showing up as half full but the printouts are coming out faded I have printed a graduation test in the attached photo. Would anyone know why this is happening.

This leads me to my second question can these imaging units be remanufactured and if so has anyone got instructions.

Thanks

Theres a few reasons why colour imaging units fail on these machines.

yellow usually fails if the transfer belt cleaning section is leaking or if the black imaging unit is tracking developer. Looking in under the IU into the charge section will reveal the cause of that one, brown filth contamination = transfer belt is the cause, black filth contamination = black imaging unit is the cause.

on the other colour imaging units they can also be destroyed by the black imaging unit or imaging unit next to it on the left, but yellow is usually first. If its not contamination of the charge unit and subsequent over compensation by the machine and developer stripping, it will be developer pushing against the antiscatter mylar in the colour imaging unit and pushing it against the dev roller - it then scoops the developer off presenting the familiar gritty coloured lines on the pages, eventually depleting the developer and ruining the imaging unit.

moral of the story, find the cause and fix it rarely do they fail with no reason, but when they do its usually the antiscatter mylar because its made of a crap material that develops a memory and comes too close to the developing roller.

I've fixed my fair share of "failed" iu's when the customer doesnt have a new one to replace it with. I still tell them to replace the ones at fault when they come in.

Ray G.
11-26-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm presently battling a KM C650 with that same problem, but all colors are weak. I noted that the latent image on the X-fer belt is full, but cannot get all of image transfered to paper. I have replaced all IU's, X-fer belt and roller, PRCB, HVPS-2 and checked sontinuity on wire harness. At my witts end right now. Have absolutely no idea what's going on. Any new ideas?

Gergő
04-30-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm presently battling a KM C650 with that same problem, but all colors are weak. I noted that the latent image on the X-fer belt is full, but cannot get all of image transfered to paper. I have replaced all IU's, X-fer belt and roller, PRCB, HVPS-2 and checked sontinuity on wire harness. At my witts end right now. Have absolutely no idea what's going on. Any new ideas?

I had the same error. Only EEPROM board change soved the problem. Dont ask me why!

OutlawTorn
05-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Im having a similar issue with the black image unit on one of these - is it a different process to fix?

Fitted two IU's in the last month and both have gone bad in a few weeks?

Custom Search