PDA

View Full Version : Account printing from Mac to bizbub

Custom Search

Macappledk
11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
HiI

When printing from Mac 10.6 10.7 10.8 to a KM Bizhub C451 with accounting turned on the data light flashes and nothing else happends.

On some machines we can go into printer settings just to check that all user/password settings are ok (without changing anything) and then we can print one job. It looks like the system forgets the user name and password unless we go into printer settings each time we want to print.

(We also have problems with printing PDF to the bizhub from Mac mashines but that is another story)

I need help asap, users are killing me :-(

Mr Spock
11-24-2012, 01:47 AM
I had some one walk me through this.
you start at printer properties and turn on account track (output options I think)
then open a file and goto printing preferences and add the username and password
save as default or something like that (it was 2 months ago)
then exit and open a different file and check the settings saved.

This should help you out.
I am no mac expert but this worked on the one I had to set up.

TheOwl
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
HiI

When printing from Mac 10.6 10.7 10.8 to a KM Bizhub C451 with accounting turned on the data light flashes and nothing else happends.

On some machines we can go into printer settings just to check that all user/password settings are ok (without changing anything) and then we can print one job. It looks like the system forgets the user name and password unless we go into printer settings each time we want to print.

(We also have problems with printing PDF to the bizhub from Mac mashines but that is another story)

I need help asap, users are killing me :-(

You are better off using presets. Once you are ready to print, change all the settings and then save the preset by dropping down the presets bar and selecting Save As... You should then make sure that this preset is selected for each print job.

The other solution is on each Mac, go to http://localhost:631 from Safari which will bring up the CUPS menus. You can then default print settings directly into the driver without having to use presets, but I have sometimes found that when doing this, an application may occassionally over ride the default settings.

Macappledk
11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the quick respons.

The system is places externaly and we haven't had access to it these days.

We will try your suggestions asap.

Thanks so far..... :)

Custom Search