PDA

View Full Version : Biz 250 jamming

Custom Search

landspeeder
11-26-2012, 03:26 PM
paper gets as far as the reg assembly and stops...what would you change.....( I downloded the ser manual...and it didnt come with the parts portion.....not nice.......)...reg clutch or whole assembly or? and if you say the whole assembly or whatever please give me the part numbers...

Thanks

Darren King
11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Most likely the reg clutch, however, the reg sensor can get dusty and mimic a bad clutch. Pop the reg assembly off and check the sensor and blow it off if it is dusty.

907tec
11-26-2012, 06:50 PM
A little more information would help us pinpoint your problem. Is this happening from all trays, including bypass? Every single sheet jamming, or is it sporadic?

EarthKmTech
11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
reset the jam history and run a few more tests out side of service mode to determine what the detected jam is.

date and time stamped jam codes are also available on these machines, but can only be printed, so thats not much use if it wont even print at all.

without knowing what the detected jam is, you and we are pissing in the wind.

nothing more irritating than getting a call from another tech "i've got a jam happening in this machine i cant work out" me: "whats the jam code" them: "oh, i haven't looked yet" me: "f-ck off" hang up.

JustManuals
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
paper gets as far as the reg assembly and stops...what would you change.....( I downloded the ser manual...and it didnt come with the parts portion.....not nice.......)...reg clutch or whole assembly or? and if you say the whole assembly or whatever please give me the part numbers...

Thanks

Had you bought he manual from me, you would've also received the Parts manual.

Paul@justmanuals.com

landspeeder
11-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi Paul!!
I did buy it from you....your the only one we buy from.....unless someone else went behind my back

Please check as the manual I have doesnt have the parts inc.
Thanks
David

Had you bought he manual from me, you would've also received the Parts manual.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mr. Joshua
11-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Registration clutch part # 9322 1000 81

Usually, I replace a registration clutch for other issues, such as the image not lining up with the paper. These clutches can cause funky problems that don't make any sense though, it's one of the few parts that I don't feel like I have to absolutely know that it is needed in order to replace it.

Make sure that the problem is not that the registration roller bearings don't move easy enough.

Hansoon
11-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Make sure that the problem is not that the registration roller bearings don't move easy enough.

Good tip! Happens more and more often. Had good luck BTW with blowing those clutches out with compressed air and than cleaning them with brake cleaner. Blow them dry afterwards.

Hans

minimerlin
11-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I recently had the same problem on a BH250, turned out that the sync/registration actuator pivot was worn and the spring would drop between the pivot and the mounting plate! Showed Jam code as J30.

Hansoon
11-28-2012, 06:56 AM
turned out that the sync/registration actuator pivot was worn and the spring would drop between the pivot and the mounting plate!

After how manyK copies that happened???

Hans

landspeeder
11-28-2012, 03:26 PM
So what did you replace altogether?
Thanks

I recently had the same problem on a BH250, turned out that the sync/registration actuator pivot was worn and the spring would drop between the pivot and the mounting plate! Showed Jam code as J30.

minimerlin
11-28-2012, 08:28 PM
After how manyK copies that happened???

HansIf I remember it was 700K. I can check on back history next time I am at the office. I have been re-thinking this fix and I think I reported the wrong actuator! I will confirm, but now think it was PC2..the vertical sensor ! Not the sync|! I remember the pin and rubber stopper that holds it in place. Sorry for the confusion but the grey cells are starting to show their age!

Custom Search