PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 Developer unit replacement

Custom Search

DWML
11-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Have to replace the developer unit and drum unit due to a 2557 error.... ordered and received new parts... two questions... how do I put the new developer into the developer unit? How do I perform the F8? I did reset the counts already...

Thanks

pepper38_cnd
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Open the DR310 box and read the instructions. After doing what they say.
Open the right side door and install your new IU assy ( Drum and dev assembled )
Power the machine on with the door still open.
Go into "Service Mode"
Select "Function Mode"
Close the door and wait 10 seconds, touch F8 and then start button/print key.
Wait for machine to completely finish about 2 to 5 minutes.
Back out of service mode and your done.

brent
11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
hence the c2557 code. because you reset the counters without replacing the consumables first.
the di 3510 series machines no problem. but the b iz 350 they changed that. I found this out first thing.
very important to have the machine on then drop the right door. then clear out the counters. replace the consumables. then shut the door and go right into the f8 mode.

Hansoon
11-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Don't forget to switch the machine off first with the fat main switch at the rear of the machine after clearing of the counters.

Hans

CraigW
11-28-2012, 03:25 PM
...and double check the PC life counter once more before running F8 to make sure it reset.

907tec
11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
And, just to be clear: this series of machines does not like having the developer replaced without the drum at the same time. Every once in a while I've gotten it to work with just the developer, but I've found it safer to just replace the drum when I have it apart.

Not sure if the drum was included in the "parts" that you received, but replacing just the developer often brings back the C2557 codes.

brent
11-28-2012, 10:56 PM
like I said. this series is very picky about the drum replacement. I would never replace the developer without a new drum unit. the drum units are only like 80 bucks give or take.

wseyller
11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
What i do is clear the drum life. Exit out of service mode. Turn off main power in the back. Remove the unit from the machine. Remove the drum section four screws. Remove cover of imaging unit and dump the old developer and i get as much out as i can. Several times I rotate the dev roller foward and shake old dev out. Add new developer and install new drum. I always replace both drum and developer at the same time because this machine is picky. Install unit back into the machine and power back on. Asap get into service mode and check the drum counter. I it didnt clear correctly I clear it and power cycle the machine again. Back into service mode (make sure counter is cleared) and run F8. I never have an issue with this procedure. First few copies can be a little dirty but it quickly cleans itself off.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search