PDA

View Full Version : C650 - postscript erro - limitcheck - offending command: shfill

Custom Search

habik
11-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi guys,

Have anyone had a C650 with below postscript problems?

Any insights on postscript errors or experience?

Printed document is a pdf and is from several different pdf's slammed together.

PCL driver works absolutely fine!

Error: limitcheck
OFFENDING COMMAND: shfill

STACK:

-dictionary-

----------------------------------------------------------
Or
----------------------------------------------------------

Error Name: /typecheck

Offending Command: --filter--

Operand Stack
-file-
-null-
-dict-
false
-dict-
-dict-

Many Thanks.

EarthKmTech
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
PS emulation in the standard controller is shit on that range of machines particularly when using windows.

unless theres a specific requirement for it, i.e. MAC, use the PCL driver.

Conversely if it is using a fiery, thats when you should be using PS.

dallas
11-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Troubleshoot PostScript errors (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-postscript-errors.html)

Not really a solution. FYI

TheOwl
11-27-2012, 09:53 PM
In the PS driver, when you go to the properties (from a program like Acrobat Reader) there should be a tab called Postscript Options or something similar. Try disabling the Postscript Passthrough in that tab and let us know if there is a difference.

habik
11-27-2012, 09:58 PM
PS emulation in the standard controller is shit on that range of machines particularly when using windows.

unless theres a specific requirement for it, i.e. MAC, use the PCL driver.

Conversely if it is using a fiery, thats when you should be using PS.

Thanks, i used PCL to get them and me out of trouble. I tend to use PCL on windows all the time. They used to have fiery so that is why they only want PS.. Why WHy Why..I don't know.. some wars just can't be won.

habik
11-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Troubleshoot PostScript errors (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-postscript-errors.html)

Not really a solution. FYI

Thanks, I have checked:)

habik
11-27-2012, 10:00 PM
In the PS driver, when you go to the properties (from a program like Acrobat Reader) there should be a tab called Postscript Options or something similar. Try disabling the Postscript Passthrough in that tab and let us know if there is a difference.

Thank you, I will let you know what happened when I visit our client.

Just FYI this isn't happening on all pdf's only few and usually they are slapped together from all sorts of random pdf's and docs.

TheOwl
11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Thank you, I will let you know what happened when I visit our client.

Just FYI this isn't happening on all pdf's only few and usually they are slapped together from all sorts of random pdf's and docs.

The other thing that you can do if this is just happening from PDF's is to enable the "Print as Image" feature with in Acrobat Reader. Basically this changes the way the print output is pushed to the printer from being straight PS code to being a .BMP image for each page.

Using the Print as Image option gets around issues like fonts and some types of embedded images.

To use it:

1. Print
2. Advanced
3. Print as Image
4. Ok
5. Print

habik
11-27-2012, 10:29 PM
The other thing that you can do if this is just happening from PDF's is to enable the "Print as Image" feature with in Acrobat Reader. Basically this changes the way the print output is pushed to the printer from being straight PS code to being a .BMP image for each page.

Using the Print as Image option gets around issues like fonts and some types of embedded images.

To use it:

1. Print
2. Advanced
3. Print as Image
4. Ok
5. Print

Will this slow down the RIP process?

TheOwl
11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Will this slow down the RIP process?

Not by much in most cases. It sort of depends on what is being printed.

habik
11-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Not by much in most cases. It sort of depends on what is being printed.

Thanks, Owl. Appreciate your input.

Mick01
11-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi, out of curiosity are you only getting this problem when trying to output a booklet? If so ensure font and resource policy is set to send for each page in the advanced tab of the print dialog box

habik
11-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi, out of curiosity are you only getting this problem when trying to output a booklet? If so ensure font and resource policy is set to send for each page in the advanced tab of the print dialog box

Ahh someone with experience in the case :)

Yes, Now you mention it, we had couple pdf's that meant to be printed as Booklets and your suggestion has been used, yet it did not worked ~all~ the time.

Mick01
11-28-2012, 08:02 PM
If that didn't work it seems to be an issue with the file. If you have the pro version of acrobat you can pre flight the file. Analyze and fix on most occasions will detect and fix any errors prior to printing.

Custom Search