PDA

View Full Version : CQ BIZHUB C451 Consuming Developer in Cyan IU

Custom Search

delosangeles
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Good day to everyone

We have a client with a Biz Hub C451 that is having problems with the cyan IU. Before they called on us to attend to their machine they had light prints from the cyan IU and replaced it on there own and that solved the issue for a few months so they called on us to look at the machine. I ran single color prints for each of the IU's and noted that the Cyan IU was printing very faded so I took apart the IU and found that the DV material was not fully covering the Magnetic Roller causing light prints. I replaced the Cyan IU and the prints were now good.

That was 3 months ago and once again the DV material in the Cyan IU is consumed causing light prints. We would be very grateful for any help on this issue.

I posting scans of single color prints from each of the cyan, magenta, and yellow IU's.

Thanks in advance

EarthKmTech
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
look in at the charge unit of the failed iu, if its contaminated the machine itself will destroy the said imaging unit.

cyan can be destroyed by black toner leaking ontop of it from a failed shutter seal.

delosangeles
11-27-2012, 05:51 PM
look in at the charge unit of the failed iu, if its contaminated the machine itself will destroy the said imaging unit.

cyan can be destroyed by black toner leaking ontop of it from a failed shutter seal.

Is that shutter seal available to order as a spare part or am I correct in thinking the black IU will have to be replaced?

One more question, if I confirm that the Charge unit for the Cyan IU is not contaminated with black toner what would be the cause of the DV material being drawn out?

Thank you very much for your help :)

emujo
11-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Not to scare you, but our eggheads recommend that when you start replacing IUs like this the only fix is to replace both HVTs, all 4 IU and the x-fer belt...Something about a bad HVT inducing a problem into the IUs that can only be resolved by starting from scratch..we've done it twice for Yellow IU problems and it has fixed them both, but what an expense...Emujo

delosangeles
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Not to scare you, but our eggheads recommend that when you start replacing IUs like this the only fix is to replace both HVTs, all 4 IU and the x-fer belt...Something about a bad HVT inducing a problem into the IUs that can only be resolved by starting from scratch..we've done it twice for Yellow IU problems and it has fixed them both, but what an expense...Emujo

That does sound very discouraging we will have to carefully explain the issue involved to our client and let them decide if replacing just the Black & Cyan IU's in the hopes it will correct the problem or doing all IU's, xfer belt and HVT's is the only solution.

Thank you for the info. Have a great day.

kingarthur
11-28-2012, 04:26 PM
if you have access to the Km infohub....there's a bulletin about it....TAGB1100114EN01

delosangeles
11-30-2012, 02:12 AM
if you have access to the Km infohub....there's a bulletin about it....TAGB1100114EN01

Unfortunatly we do not have access to the KM infohub. Would it be possible to have you post the bulletin or if you prefer send it to us throught a method you elect?

Thank you kindly for your help have a great week :)

Synaux
11-13-2013, 06:03 AM

Having a similar issue...
I have a c650 that has eaten 3 black IUs in 1 1/2 weeks.

Am I correct in assuming this "HVT" is really the HV/1 & HV/2 units...apologies in advance if this is a banal question.

TAGB1100114EN01 does not yield any results in SSD search...

Thanks!

delosangeles
03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Just to follow up, replacing the Black IU solved the Problem.

Have a great week & God bless.

shixman
12-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Good day to everyone
Thank you very much for this Great Forum.
My Name is Shady from Germany. Iknow it is a old Thread but i have the same Problem with my Bizhub C451.
If i replace the IU it would work for 2 or 3 Months then it will make as the Dokument that i scaned in attachments.
I took apart the IU and found that the DV material was not fully covering the Magnetic Roller causing light prints such as you delosangeles (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/delosangeles.html) .

@delosangeles (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/delosangeles.html)
you wrote that the problem was solved as you changed the Black IU. have you change the Cyan IU after that or you just tok the old one??

Can someone tell me what "HVTs" is?

Thank alot 27376

Herrmann
12-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Can someone tell me what "HVTs" is?

High Voltage Unit = Hochspannungsteil

Ianizer
12-20-2014, 02:23 AM
Cyan IU fails with bizhub C451/550/650 have been common in my experience. KM has never admitted the possibility of bad lots of IUs to me and support generally suggests any of several mechanical or electrical acrobatics to correct the problem...

Maybe they're right. Our sales staff eventually eradicated the issue.

-I

copier tech
12-20-2014, 11:50 AM
I have a tip on this, when you replace the cyan IU empty out all the dev, then if the fault comes back rather than replace a new IU all you do is top up some dev!

This saves a lot of expense when fault finding, if fact I had the same fault on a C552 & after one "top up" the fault never returned. (I did however vacuum out the machine, clean all contacts etc)

Custom Search