PDA

View Full Version : C451 Missing Utility

Custom Search

Capodastra
11-28-2012, 10:42 AM
My Bizhub C451 is missing No. 5 (Controller Settings) in the Utility (Untility/Counter) menu.

Please can anyone tell me how to get it back . . .

and . . .

how can I change the IP address of the Fiery?

Would be grateful for any help/advice.

C

emujo
11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
If you have the MFP programmed correctly (Image controller setting at 1), then you should get a please power on controller message when you 1st turn on the MFP and controller. You won't see the controller (#5) until it boots. If you are able to print from the controller normally but still don't see the controller menu, then you will probably need to do a re-init, to get the MFP back to factory, reload firmware then go back and set your image controller back to 1. Let us know...Emujo

Capodastra
11-28-2012, 07:29 PM
If you have the MFP programmed correctly (Image controller setting at 1), then you should get a please power on controller message when you 1st turn on the MFP and controller. You won't see the controller (#5) until it boots. If you are able to print from the controller normally but still don't see the controller menu, then you will probably need to do a re-init, to get the MFP back to factory, reload firmware then go back and set your image controller back to 1. Let us know...Emujo

Thank you so much for your help.

You might need to explain that in simpler terms as I am a novice.

I am on a Mac and linked via a hub. One cable going to the Lan input in the Fiery and another cable from the hub direct to the copier (this allows me to use both).

I have shut down and restarted and the controller appears as #5 in the list. I am running set up again to make sure.

Please explain what the MFP is. Is re-init = reinitialise? . . and by that do you mean reboot the system? If so, then I have done that and the controller is now #5 in the list. Thanks!

How do I alter the IP address in the Fiery?

Sorry to be vague, this seems a bit technical for me . .

C

Setright
11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
MFP = Multi-Functional-Printer :D

The controller and the MFP have lost contact. You need to switch both OFF, then start the controller FIRST and give it a 30 second headstart before switching on the MFP.

MFP has a main power switch behind a little white door, next to the cassettes, use this switch.

The controller has a green light, that is also a button. Hold the button in for more than 2 seconds to shutdown. Then press briefly to start it again.

Capodastra
11-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Sorted. It appears now.

Can you explain how I can change the ip address of the Fiery if I have future issues.

Many thanks

C

emujo
11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
On the LCD of the MFP, select #5 Controller details
On the new screen you should see the Fiery MENU icon, touch it, using the up/down arrows find the icon for setup, then touch the icon next to OK. It may ask if you are sure? select OK and the Fiery will re-boot and come up with the password screen. Enter the Admin password ( I don't give these out). Once you are in setup mode, navigate to network/ethernet/TCPIP, and make your changes...One item of note...if you say "YES" to the "obtain IP for engine selection, the Fiery will assign a plus 1 adddress to the controller. This could cause problems if this IP is already in use. We normally ask the IT contact to give us 2 sequential addresses so we don't have any issues. To finish, simply exit out of the menus and the Fiery will re-boot. Emujo

Custom Search