PDA

View Full Version : brand new bizhub 423 jamming tray 2

Custom Search

brent
11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
unbelievable. we just replaced the machine. would not feed from second tray. after a half million copies. customer upgraded to an identical but new machine bizhub 423 jams again after being in there for only five days. they run legal sheets tray two. jams again. I guess. I have a hard time going into a new machine and replacing all feed tires clutches arbors etc. what the heck would you guys do in this situation? plus it is not really close to me. much appreciated
brent

JR2ALTA
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
There was.definitely was a bad batch of feed clutches, not the one ways but the small crappy clutch on the back of the unit

brent
11-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Are you referring to the small tiny black clutch that sits on each feed section

JR2ALTA
11-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Are you referring to the small tiny black clutch that sits on each feed section

si senor.

i replaced two of them on a newish machine. after that i started to carry them in my carstock, but to be honest I haven't replaced any since.

as far as what to tell your customer, i dunno man. we don't sell maytags. i sure hope your margins are big enough to deal with the headaches of copiers.

i get tired of being embarrassed by brand new products too. C35 comes to mind

blackcat4866
11-29-2012, 02:33 AM
What jam codes? =^..^=

JR2ALTA
11-29-2012, 04:09 AM
What jam codes? =^..^=

not sure, typical no feed situation

Hansoon
11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Most likely excess grease in the clutch. How about leaving it in place and just spraying the inside of the clutch with brake cleaner? There is brake cleaner on the market where you can put a straw on the nozzle so to reach exactly the spot you need instead of soaking the whole machine.

Hans

brent
11-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Taking the assy out and replacing then clutch is no biggie. It's not like the 250 where the manual bypass has to come off first. I will replace the clutch and go from there. Thanks again

Darren King
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I have hade these with rusty clutches as well. Yes, fairly easy to replace and be done with it.

Custom Search