PDA

View Full Version : KM C352 - Black and white pattern on pages

Custom Search

Hacky
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi all!

First off, i'd just like to inform you all I'm new round here. I've just begun my career as a service technician of Konica Minolta MFD's so excuse my lack of experience and go easy on me..

Here's the issue, I have a Konica Minolta C352 that is printing a black and white pattern over every page. See sample in the link below (Ignore white block on the bottom right of page)....

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/6..._Bad-Print.jpg (http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/61sa4jwtdqthqte79r2h_Bad-Print.jpg)

Up until recently the C352 has been functioning with no issues, giving a good quality print seeing as the machines been in use for around 5/6 years. All of a sudden however, when printing, a horrible patterned black and white background covers the print completely ruining it. This happens no matter what you are printing, I have run several different tests e.g. test page, CMYK gradation, all achieving the same outcome.

A fellow technician has said he thinks it looks like a 'scorotron pattern'.

I've been searching Google aimlessly to no avail so now i'm hoping somebody here recognises the problem and could be of assistance.

Thanks in advance!

(Also apologies if you've seen this post already and been unable to respond, for some reason the post was being funny with me uploading the picture, finally resolved the issue though I believe)

Hacky

Zeldaman
11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi there!
Hello, had this phenomen often,& evey time theMFP-board was gone. It's the left pwb, when standing behind the machine.
Greetings...

Hacky
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi there!
Hello, had this phenomen often,& evey time theMFP-board was gone. It's the left pwb, when standing behind the machine.
Greetings...

Thanks for the response, I guess if I find no other possible solutions I may have to look into changing the board

jotunn
12-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Try to gently reconnect flat white connector in lower right side of main board (under HDD connector).

EarthKmTech
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
wow - herringbone interference... on paper.

Never seen that before, I've never once had to change an MFP board on the older generation machines (prior to colour control panels) must of just been lucky.

There is certainly something going wrong in the image processing section (contained on mfp) as the RGB scale upto 30% shouldnt look like that. Have you tried doing an initialise and stabilisation ?

Hacky
12-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Try to gently reconnect flat white connector in lower right side of main board (under HDD connector).

Thanks for your response jotunn, first thing Monday morning I tried your suggestion and with that it appears to have resolved the issue! Is this something you've come across before? Glad that has fixed it rather than having to change the whole MFP board! Thank you very much :)

jotunn
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for your response jotunn, first thing Monday morning I tried your suggestion and with that it appears to have resolved the issue! Is this something you've come across before? Glad that has fixed it rather than having to change the whole MFP board! Thank you very much :)

I had something similar 2 times in Bizhub C250/252. Reseating connector resolved the problem.

EarthKmTech
01-16-2013, 03:22 AM
I just had this exact issue, for the first time EVER.

Thanks to this post, the problem was fixed in 5 minutes.

( I didnt actually remember what was said, so i came and had a look infront of the customer)

It must be oxidisation of the pins in the ribbon cable socket. removal and re-installation fixed it first time.

Hansoon
01-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the feed back EarthKMTech.

Hans

Custom Search