PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C350 Network Issues when print and scanning

Custom Search

nihmble
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
My machine will not accept a print over the network.
I have installed, and re-installed the drivers to no avail.
I can ping it fine.
I can access it on the web server just fine.
It is in perfect working order.
I have had it set for both a fixed IP and DHCP with no difference either way.

When I send a print, it acts as though everything is perfectly fine.
The PC sends it and it leaves the que on the PC (Windows 7 Ultimate) just fine.
It indicates no error in the printing or sending of the que.
But when I look on the copier it does not show up in the job que.
It is as if it recieves the information and does nothing with it.
The data light blinks green on and off.

I have it set up for TCP raw, directly to the IP and port 9100.
I have even tried setting the network settings to default and starting from scratch with no joy.

I have complete administrative control over the whole system. I can log in and out and change anything I need to.

Where are the print jobs going?

I have also been unable to get it to send a scan out as an email. It has always done this fine in the past.

It had always printed over the network fine in the past as well, up until about a year ago.

JSC
12-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Ok a couple of questions:-

does the machine have a fiery?
is the machine set up with pin codes?
have you tried printing with a lapie direct to the machine with a cross over cable?
does the data light flash at all when you try printing?

nihmble
12-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Ok a couple of questions:-

does the machine have a fiery?
is the machine set up with pin codes?
have you tried printing with a lapie direct to the machine with a cross over cable?
does the data light flash at all when you try printing?

Direct with crossover cable gives the same. PINGS fine, I can connect to the web server fine, I can access files I saved in my user box fine., etc)
The machine is NOT set up with pin codes. At least it never had been and I would not have added them.
The data light flashed all the time regardless of whether I am printing or not. It even flashed if the Ethernet is disconnected.

I hit print, it shows it on the PC Print que, it says spooling, sending, and then it leaves the que. But nothing actually happens on the C350.

I do not believe i have a Fiery, although I can't say for certain because I am not entirely sure what it looks like and where it would go.

Darren King
12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Is it a Post Script/ PCL issue? I'm not sure if the C350 onboard print controller is PCL or PS.

nihmble
12-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Is it a Post Script/ PCL issue? I'm not sure if the C350 onboard print controller is PCL or PS.

There are drivers for both. I have tried both. PCL was what I was using orginally and I know that it have worked with PCL in the past.

JSC
12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
It's strange the data light is always flashing........can you get on to the web page of the device? I know you said you have set it to DHCP with no change, but if you unplug it from the network can you still ping it, ie is there something else on the network with the same IP address.

ps.
the fiery is a box hanging on the back of the machine that you print to. From memory it will be called a x3e on that machine, but I could be wrong.

EarthKmTech
12-02-2012, 08:52 PM
The internal controller on the archaic c350 does not support PS it talks PCL only. PS was only possible when an external controller was fitted, such as a fiery or a peerless.

C350 does not officially support windows 7, though, there will be a way of getting it to work for the time left it has before support discontinuation in the first world.

blackcat4866
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I didn't hear anything about duplicate IP's yet. When you unplug the MFP, can you still ping the address? If yes, some other network card is snatching up the print job before it can get to the MFP. =^..^=

nihmble
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
It's strange the data light is always flashing........can you get on to the web page of the device? I know you said you have set it to DHCP with no change, but if you unplug it from the network can you still ping it, ie is there something else on the network with the same IP address.

ps.
the fiery is a box hanging on the back of the machine that you print to. From memory it will be called a x3e on that machine, but I could be wrong.

I think you missed some of what was said above. But no, there is zero chance that something else on the network has the same IP. Especially if you consider again that

A) I was connected directly with a crossover cable.
B) I have complete access to the Page Scope webserver of the machine
C) I am able to download files from the HD of the machine.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Ethernet connection. That is the one thing I am certain of is not an issue.

There is definitely no Fiery.

nihmble
12-02-2012, 11:57 PM
The internal controller on the archaic c350 does not support PS it talks PCL only. PS was only possible when an external controller was fitted, such as a fiery or a peerless.

C350 does not officially support windows 7, though, there will be a way of getting it to work for the time left it has before support discontinuation in the first world.

I am noticing now that I misstyped that it is a C350 when in fact it is a C351.
There are indeed Windows 7 drivers available here
Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: bizhub C351 (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=827)
and both PS and PCL are noted.
I am using PCL.

nihmble
12-02-2012, 11:59 PM
I didn't hear anything about duplicate IP's yet. When you unplug the MFP, can you still ping the address? If yes, some other network card is snatching up the print job before it can get to the MFP. =^..^=

For the record:

Unplug the copier = NO PING
Plug in the copier = PING

Direct connection with crossover cable.
Please trust that it has nothing to do with the Ethernet connection.

JSC
12-03-2012, 07:24 AM
For the record:

Unplug the copier = NO PING
Plug in the copier = PING

Direct connection with crossover cable.
Please trust that it has nothing to do with the Ethernet connection.

For me the next step would be to flash the firmware, and maybe reset the nic, both of which will need a tec.

good luck.

EarthKmTech
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
yep,

now that we actually know what model it is, we can offer a more reasonable solution.

IF the NIC configuration has become corrupt on the device there is a special card available to initilize the NIC. Its on the NVRAM recovery card. DO NOT initialize the NVRAM, only the NIC. (at this stage)

Not a technician? This conversation ends now, this is not an end user process.

pepper38_cnd
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Your symptoms if I understand is the inability to print / scan and a blinking data light?
I will assume this is not the result of a bauched attempt at upgrading firmware or someone poking arround in service mode.
So you have probably got a corrupt job on the HDD that keeps trying to spool every time the HDD becomes ready. This could be fax or a print job but more than likely a print job. The solution is to formmat the HDD followed by a Data Clear. Keep in mind anything related to the HDD will be errased and some settings will have to be repreformed after the Data Clear.
This could also be the result of a failing HDD if so you may end up with an error code after formatting.
If the above solves your problem, to avoid this happening again refrain from trying to print web pages from IE and Win7!

TheOwl
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Then if all else fails, RAM...

nihmble
12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Your symptoms if I understand is the inability to print / scan and a blinking data light?
I will assume this is not the result of a bauched attempt at upgrading firmware or someone poking arround in service mode.
So you have probably got a corrupt job on the HDD that keeps trying to spool every time the HDD becomes ready. This could be fax or a print job but more than likely a print job. The solution is to formmat the HDD followed by a Data Clear. Keep in mind anything related to the HDD will be errased and some settings will have to be repreformed after the Data Clear.
This could also be the result of a failing HDD if so you may end up with an error code after formatting.
If the above solves your problem, to avoid this happening again refrain from trying to print web pages from IE and Win7!

OK, some interesting developments (but first ... some answers to your questions)

My symptoms to this point have been an inability to send a print over the network and to send a scan from the machine as an email.
Both of these I had always been able to do in the past.
To be clear, the probem was NOT that I could not scan. It was that it would not send it out.

I performed your recommendation from above as such:
I did a physical format of the HD
I did a logical format of the HD
I did a Data Clear

Apparently the data clear pretty much obliterates all the user settings (ouch).
It came up in DHCP and was assigned an IP, so I left it as such.
I re-entered the email server info.
Also found that the Admin password got reset. It had always been 00000000 and now after a few guesses it was set to 12345678.
I attempted to send a print.
The data light started blinking green, but now the file won't even leave the que on the PC. Although it definitely causes the data light to blink when I initiate the print.
Data light eventually goes back off after the PC gives up printing and displays the print request in the que as error.

So now at least it doesn't just leave the que and dissappear.

However .............. I can now send scans as emails again. Very happy about that. So either the HD format of the Data clear helped that in some regard.

It seems as though things are almost there.

Another observation. Before I could choose to enable on the C351 whether it would spool the print jobs to the HD first or not. In no longer allows me to enable that? What could be the problem there. Is it not recognizing the HD anymore?

nihmble
12-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I tried printing from another PC as well.
Similar results. The data light starts blinking and doesn't stop.
Print job never leaves the que on the PC.
C351 does not show any jobs logging as active or done.
It is as if something in the machine is blocking the print jobs.

pepper38_cnd
12-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Now that we know it is partially working ie: Scan to email is working ( usually that is more of a problem than printing). Now use your laptop connected directly with a crossover cable set a static ip on your laptop, make sure you can brows to the machine ( web interface ). Load the PCL driver printing to a Standard TC/IP port with the address of the copier if you have already done this remove all the ports that contain the copier address and start over (you should only have one port that matches the copier IP address), configure this port to RAW 9100 with SNMP disabled ( unchecked ) set quality to grey scale hit apply. Then try printing a test page.

Note you may have to set the HDD option in Service Mode after the data clear if you are not seeing it, then reboot if so set the machine ip address to Static before doing so.

Another idea would be to use the self installing driver, it should find it and install with no need to configure port. I tried to attach it but I guess it is too large.

Let us know your results.

CopierEngineer
12-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Seems like the permission settings there is a problem with.. Check on the print server/driver to see if you are allowed to print.

Just to confirm you aren't using any solutions right? I.e Equatrek, SafeQ, card readers?

MAD0RAM
12-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Do you have copy track turned on?

nihmble
12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Now that we know it is partially working ie: Scan to email is working ( usually that is more of a problem than printing). Now use your laptop connected directly with a crossover cable set a static ip on your laptop, make sure you can brows to the machine ( web interface ). Load the PCL driver printing to a Standard TC/IP port with the address of the copier if you have already done this remove all the ports that contain the copier address and start over (you should only have one port that matches the copier IP address), configure this port to RAW 9100 with SNMP disabled ( unchecked ) set quality to grey scale hit apply. Then try printing a test page.

I have deleted and re-installed the driver and printer several times without any success. Always setting with fixed IP raw to port 9100 and SNMP disabled. No luck.

Note you may have to set the HDD option in Service Mode after the data clear if you are not seeing it, then reboot if so set the machine ip address to Static before doing so.

You are correct. After I formatted the HD it apparently automatically set it to installed. I went back in and set it to installed.

Another idea would be to use the self installing driver, it should find it and install with no need to configure port. I tried to attach it but I guess it is too large.
I have never been able to get the self installer to work.

nihmble
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Seems like the permission settings there is a problem with.. Check on the print server/driver to see if you are allowed to print.

Just to confirm you aren't using any solutions right? I.e Equatrek, SafeQ, card readers?

This is a small home office network. My security settings are at a minimum. I am administrator by default. There are only 4 nodes of ethernet in the house. My switch is a simply Linksys router.

I am thinking if it were a "permission" thing that my data light wouldn't blink on the C351 when I iniate the print.

On the Konica, printing access was enabled for all.

nihmble
12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Do you have copy track turned on?

I don't. At least I think I don't.

MAD0RAM
12-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't. At least I think I don't.

You would know if it was on, the copier would require a password for walk ups.

Custom Search