PDA

View Full Version : 820 with DF-650 tray A going down too far

Custom Search

yakyitz
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
When doing straight copies the tray lowers and raises itself properly. When doing any combination of sort/offset, the tray keeps lowering itself much more than when it raises itself back up, to the point where it's not high enough to properly accept the copies. I cleaned all of the sensors and reflashed all firmware (both machine and finisher). Called tech support and they agreed with me that it doesn't make sense. If it lowers and raises itself to the poper height while doing straight copies, then the sensors are working and the fact that you're doing sort/offset shouldn't make a difference. I couldn't find any adjustments to perform or to test. Ideas anyone? Thanks.

Tonerkiller
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
This is common the black fingers are not comming out onto the tray. The solenoid is dirty or the spring is broke. Pull out the innertray and look inside.

Kidaver
12-03-2012, 08:49 PM
This is common the black fingers are not comming out onto the tray. The solenoid is dirty or the spring is broke. Pull out the innertray and look inside.

I've seen this on the 3050/4050/5050 with the 3000 finisher but not the 620/820 machines. I'll remember that.

yakyitz
12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks, I had totally forgotten about those fingers/spring/solenoid. That was the issue. Problem solved!

Custom Search