PDA

View Full Version : C280 Weird Messages!

Custom Search

Gaffers01
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
We have a C280 in a customers porta cabin and they had a power surge, which had made the machine get stuck on the hour glass while warming up.
So I reloaded the firmware which bought the machine back to life, but all meter readings have been set back to 0 and I'm getting messages on the screen that I cant get rid of (attached picture of screen).

I had to redo all the set-up of the machine (so i presume there must have been a fault with the NvRam) and as far as I can tell all the machine seems to be working fine now apart from the messages (which bare no re-sembelence to the options fitted to the machine)

The only thing i can think would be causing these messages is perhaps a software switch?

any help would be gratefully recieved.

ineo+6501
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Looking at the messages, I'd say various problem units are isolated.
In service mode, look at either system 1 or system 2 (I forget which).
You are looking for "Problem Unit Isolation" I think it's called.
Things like punch etc can be turned off. Turn them back on whether the option is fitted or not.

Also, the animation guide data refers to the movie data for clearing jams etc.
It needs to be reloaded via the second page of system 2 and a memory stick.

I have recently flashed a C360 with updated firmware and after reboot, the machine wiped the HDD & now will not Fax.
Firmware is a fickle mistress

Gaffers01
12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah i had a look at the isolation unit part in the service menu but those items arnt actually shown on there, as for the movie part i know how to do that its just the other messages.

I have tried everything i can think of but nothing is working.

Oh and im also getting the worlds display when the machine warms up, i know that was a software switch change on the C253 i think so i will have to rack my brains to remember that one.

Mr Spock
12-04-2012, 11:26 PM
system 1 > trouble isolation > page 2 (left side button 2) then check unset and power off and on.

kon
12-05-2012, 02:04 AM
system 1 > trouble isolation > page 2 (left side button 2) then check unset and power off and on.

Konica Minolta logo at power up ("Planets" only), Configuration Page header is printing as Generic and printer driver fails when trying to acquire the device
information.
, wrong display, incorrect operation, lock-up
Incorrect settings.
To change the Configuration Page header to Konica Minolta bizhub, please perform the following:
1.Access the Service Mode.
2. Select System 2.
3. Select Software Switch Setting.
4. Enter Switch No. "10".
5. Bin Assignment "00000000".
6. Hex Assignment "02".
7. Click on Fix.
8. Click on End

Also check connectors on the right rear cords going into the mfp pwb iv seen these cause similer symptoms.

EarthKmTech
12-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Your NVRAM has failed and needs to be replaced. The second your meter counts are corrupted, don't even bother doing anything else as your pissing in the wind.

Gaffers01
12-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi People,

Just to let you know, I found the NVRAM recovery F/W for the machine hidden away in the depths of the Infohub website
and ran it, and machine is now working fine. thanks for your help.

Gaffers01

ni311
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Did you solve the counter issue too or they are still 0's?

Gaffers01
12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Did you solve the counter issue too or they are still 0's?

No they are still at zero, so if you want a Brand New c220 !-) I'll do a great lease rate.

ni311
12-19-2012, 04:05 PM
You're lucky with your zero; with the older C252, in your situation, you might end up with negative counters :-)

000nicec
06-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Where can I find the NVRAM recovery software.
I am battling with a C280 that hangs at the hourglass screen after replacing the main board.
Thanks
Nic

EarthKmTech
06-24-2013, 08:57 AM
did you replace the RAM too ?

000nicec
06-24-2013, 11:01 AM
No I have just replaced the main board.
I have just been searching as I knew I had it somewhere and have found it.
I did the recovery and the machine is now booting.
Thank for the reply.

EarthKmTech
06-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Still to this day I've never ever needed to do an nvram initialize on any machine other than the c250/252/352 machines. I must have just been lucky. :cool:

Custom Search