PDA

View Full Version : C552 odd issue with error C-2204

Custom Search

Sam Tofu
12-05-2012, 02:19 AM
found waste toner gears chattering on left side (the white ones above the toner box sensor)

Toner was backed up in the auger that feeds into box. Hand turned gears and cleared chamber. Vacuumed toner supply areas. And the pipe in rear that all the waste toner dumps into.

Ran 50 test. Got call again. same issue customer had made 7,500 copies since we were out last.

Has OEM toner.

Toner box gears turn very easily & smoothly.

Again hand turned the gears.Removed about2 heaping tablespoons of toner from auger by turning gears.
Ran 50 test all OK. Can't figure out why compacting in the auger dump tube. Espec when after clearing it ran for over 7K before issue again.

Any feedback most appreciated!

JustManuals
12-05-2012, 04:31 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

PeterG
12-05-2012, 04:32 AM
I have had a couple of these machines do this. Have changed the waste drive gearbox in both. Made no difference at all.
Put in a new waste toner box and all was ok.
i think when the box is nearly full and under certain humidity conditions the drag of the waste is enough to "stall" the gears.
Try a new waste toner box.

EarthKmTech
12-05-2012, 08:44 AM
I agree.

every instance of C-2204 I've had is because of the waste toner box. Infact its so common i just get the customer to change it over the phone to see if the error clears and it always does.

Sam Tofu
12-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks. Will try. Even though box is barely at about 1/4 full, I have heard the boxes cause issues. When the box gears seemed to turn so easily I "assumed" no issue there. But we all know about the word assumed. So thanks I will definitely get in a box!

dallas
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM
The error is fixed with a new box, but it comes back, as well as the box becomes full again.
Check the toner collecting assy. The Mounting plate (30) and the bevel gear (22) for a good torque.

EarthKmTech
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I think there is about a 5 - 10 % failure rate on these boxes it happens so often. I tell the customers to keep 2 in stock at all times because of this phenomenon.

knightfall
12-07-2012, 12:11 AM
there is a TAD (TAUS0801207EN06) on this code, might be worth checking out.

Sam Tofu
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Ordered 2 new boxes. Put 1st new box in ran for 15K then error again. Again as soon as I hand turn gears to dump about 2 tablespoons of backed up toner out then runs OK for a number of copies. While authorized with several manufacturers we are not Kon Min dealers. so don't have the TAD TAUS0801207EN06. Any help appreciated.

EarthKmTech
01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
replace the waste toner delivery drive unit, im not sure of its name, its the part that has the waste hopper and pipe to the left side of the waste toner box. it is also responsible for driving the waste toner box, it has a motor and many gears and comes as a complete unit. its easy to change once you have the left covers removed from the machine.

We have had one of these fail ONCE before, every other time its been the box.

Also ensure automatic transfer belt cleaning is enabled, default = disabled.

another thing, check none of the imaging units are dumping developer into the waste toner box. (traces of black, through the dev unit port is normal due to "automatic black developer refinement", ie theres dev in the black toner bottle anyway) There should be no waste toner or developer of any colour accumulating on the left side of the yellow imaging unit either - if there is, replace the belt and the failing imaging unit. There should also be no toner/developer of any colour on the sides of the transfer roller plate outside of the printable area. if there is, that colour imaging unit is failing.

Sam Tofu
01-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Thanks EarthKmTech. Will check for IU issues etc. when we go out tomorrow.

NOTE: the first time went out. A school IT person said a teacher had tried to reseat the waste toner and somehow got the cover of the black IU/DV unit that sticks into right side of waste toner off. He had refitted it and said he cleaned up a little developer spill. When we were there that first time it did appear OK and that is when we first hand emptied the clog and it ran for quite sometime.

However, this may be a clue that you have brought up.

blackcat4866
01-10-2013, 02:53 AM
The only problem I've ever had with these waste toner receptacles is when one particular customer gets any error code. A picture comes up showing an illustration of the location of the main power switch, to turn it Off/On. In that illustration the customer sees a picture of the waste container. Assuming that the waste container is the problem, they put in a new container, take it out, put it in, take it out ... you get the idea. After the first 50 times they manage to break off the flag feature that trips the photosensor. Without that feature then they get a real waste container message (and the error code of course).

=^..^=

Custom Search