PDA

View Full Version : C284 User Boxes and Next Job Reserve with Vendor Mode

Custom Search

manhole
12-06-2012, 04:47 PM
We have a C284 installed with vendor mode 2 enabled - connected to a jamex counter. When vendor mode 2 is enabled the next copy job reserve option disappears along with user boxes and banner printing. Has anyone been able to bring these options back with the machine's vendor mode 2 enabled?

Thanks!

TheOwl
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Vendor Modes disable alot in all Konica Minolta machines. In the older equipment (haven't tested with the new gear) enabling either Vendor Mode would disable duplex printing and copying.

Now, for your Userbox Mode, you might find that there could be a DIPSW you can change to re-enable this feature. No guarantees, but might be worth the look.

blackcat4866
12-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Vendor Modes disable alot in all Konica Minolta machines. In the older equipment (haven't tested with the new gear) enabling either Vendor Mode would disable duplex printing and copying.

Now, for your Userbox Mode, you might find that there could be a DIPSW you can change to re-enable this feature. No guarantees, but might be worth the look.

Ditto that. In my failed attempt to install a Jamex True-Count Monday I searched the Field Service Manual for all references to the keyword "vendor". At least 35 references like this: Function X is disabled when vendor 2 is enabled ...

Jamex is sending me a new harness. I'm really hoping they're right. =^..^=

oldschool
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes Konica Minolta disables certain features in Vendor 2 mode. Duplex used to be an issue but I haven't seen it recently.

It's only a guess as to why features are disabled but a large percentage of vending in the past has always been "put in a coin, get a copy and walk away". For features like duplexing; How do you handle the sheet that's already in the copier and the customer runs out of funds part way through the job. The copier either has to allow the second side for free or stop dead causing a jam. For banner printing; There isn't a paper size for a banner and no way to know how long the banner will be. So that feature gets disabled. The market for vending has changed quite a lot and Vendor 2 has dealt with a lot of these issues. It's actually one of the best Vending interfaces I've ever seen.

The Jamex True Count uses Vendor 2 to track paper size and color V black and white. Using the Key counter may enable some of the lost features but you loose the ability to track Paper size and color copies. I do not know how banner printing is handled via the key counter but I do know the feature is there in key counter mode.

@blackcat You should have already received that harness as Jamex ships warranty parts overnight.

blackcat4866
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
... @blackcat You should have already received that harness as Jamex ships warranty parts overnight.

I've got it, just need to schedule the visit. =^..^=

Custom Search