PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C500 problem changing default scan settings

Custom Search

Mechageo
12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Hello all,

I have a problem where I need to change the default scan option on my Bizhub Pro C500.

My problem is very similar to this thread but with a different setting and model of printer:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/17063-bizhub-c550-problem-changing-default-settings.html

I have a Bizhub Pro C500 that I need to change the default scan options on.
My boss wants the default options to be set to Black, PDF, 300dpi. Currently it's set to Full Color, PDF, 400dpi.
I've scoured the internet reading every manual I could come across, but they all seemed to point to a different version of the software than the one my Bizhub is running.
My Bizhub web interface looks like the attached screenshot and is incredibly limited.

I have the Administrator password for it, but it has no options for default settings.Going into the Key Operator mode on the machine itself also doesn't have a place to set these options.

I could really use some advice. Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw a nugget of wisdom my way.

Setright
12-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Ouch, it's been a while since I last played with one of these, so I cannot recall every detail.

I think the method involves setting the scan options as you prefer on the machine touch panel, and then jumping into the user menu (before scanning!) and choosing your default settings as the "present settings".

Setright
12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Set the scan, then try something like this:

Hardware "Function Key" to access the on-display menus:

User menu

Scan settings

Standard settings for scan

Present settings

*The labels on the buttons may vary from my memory !! :D

Mechageo
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Here's a link to my control panel: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/img6630g.jpg/)

I don't see a function key and the access key does nothing in scan mode.
The check key brings up a menu that lets me review the settings, choosing to remove changes or change options.
Choosing change options brings me back to the normal scan page.

Could the function key be hidden elsewhere on the machine's body?

Setright
12-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Wow!

My memory of these machines is worse than I thought !

No, it's not hidden elsewhere, could be the help or access key.

Mick01
12-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Hi,
Bad news i am afraid. There is no way to change scan defaults on c500. Only copy defaults.
Kind Regards.

Custom Search