PDA

View Full Version : CQ C452 CQ

Custom Search

kingarthur
12-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone...got a C452 that produces a dirty mark, like a scuff on the first copy/print out only, about 1 cm from lead edge....but only when copying/printing black, it's fine when copying/printing in colour, i've tried another K drum unit, i've cleaned the entrance to the fuser, i've even blocked the entrance to the fuser to elminate that part of the m/c, i'm thinking it must be a dev or dev unit issue, has anyone else had a problem...

cheers

PeterG
12-10-2012, 05:58 AM
That's ringing a bell. I think it was the belt. But I wouldn't trust a 55 year old hard living fossil's memory.

fornerm
12-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Scan and post a test pattern, so we can see..........

EarthKmTech
12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
its the belt

the cleaning brush leaves dirty marks on the first page near the leading edge of all print runs, but not subsequent pages of the same print run. It must be replaced. (transfer belt unit)

Gaffers01
12-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I have had this problem on 2 machines in the same office, it is the transfer belt
BUT from my experiance the problem will comeback after awhile.
I havent ever totally got rid of the problem, i just replace belt and then wait a few months for the call to come back in.

JustManuals
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
King - If you want the SM and PM just message me and I'll send it along at no charge

Paul

Spidula
12-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Vac out the cleaner section. Keeps it going for a while till the next time. A lot cheaper than changing the belt every time

EarthKmTech
12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
certain environments will have a repeat issue and the belt wont last its full life. I'm not sure what causes it but it seems more prevalent on high coverage customers.

Its actually more common than you think, most customers in my experience don't notice it, so i don't go out of my way to point it out to them.

kingarthur
12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
thanks everyone...i'm back at work tomorrow, cant scan an image....cos it wont show up on scan...unfortunately the customer has noticed on both the m/c,s we have the problem on....thanks for the offer Paul...but I've already got them...

PeterG
12-11-2012, 03:35 AM
It seems my feeble memory was correct in this instance.:cool:

David Morrison
07-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone...got a C452 that produces a dirty mark, like a scuff on the first copy/print out only, about 1 cm from lead edge....but only when copying/printing black, it's fine when copying/printing in colour, i've tried another K drum unit, i've cleaned the entrance to the fuser, i've even blocked the entrance to the fuser to elminate that part of the m/c, i'm thinking it must be a dev or dev unit issue, has anyone else had a problem...

cheers

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

(never mind... Read the other posts... I will try the transfer belt or clean the cleaning section)

HoonBoy
07-16-2013, 08:00 PM
The solution for this problem is to adjust the Transfer cleaning bias(plus power adjustment) to -5.

Try it and save yourself a few transfer belts...:p

Custom Search