PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751

Custom Search

Kidaver
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
We have a Bizhub 751 at a high school we just installed an IC-208 on. It would not accept a dhcp ip address or a static ip address. It would allow us to print reports and etc. The network guy checked all his network stuff and it was all good. I had him direct connect to it and he could ping it but it would not go on the network. I went out this morning and we dinked with it and took the negotiate off Auto to Full duplex 100mbs. We were able to get it to take a static ip and work but it would never accept a DHCP address. We have a bizhub 751 just down the hall on the same network which does accept DHCP with the same settings. He would prefer to have reserved DHCP for his devices on his networks so in the future if he has to make any address changes it’s easy to just restart devices rather than hit everyone and put in new addresses. We have it working for now with the static but this is something we’d like to look into and wonder if anyone has come across anything like this?

emujo
12-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Installing the print chip should have no affect on inputting an IP address as the MFP can scan out of the box (you would have put an IP in for this anyway)...But I have seen the NIC get corrupted...symptoms would be a connect light on the NIC, but the inablity to ping the address...Try this...ADMIN/NETWORK SETTINGS..turn OFF, cycle power..Go back in to the same section and turn the network settings back on, then cycle power again...Back to network and try to pull a DHCP address...I think changing the overall network ON/OFF may do a soft reset of the NIC...Doesn't seem to work by simply cycling power as the battery backup kicks in...Emujo

Kidaver
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I had the network guy do that yesterday before I made the hour drive out there yesterday. It's weird. I think it's something with the NIC no doubt but something on his network just doesn't like DHCP with this one as the static IP now works with the negotiate not set on auto.

kon
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
does the network have the mac address of the nic reserved only to this device? That way dhcp will pick up the reserved address assigned to this device. .

Custom Search