PDA

View Full Version : ADU Konica C6500 doesn't work

Custom Search

truongson
12-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi, My Konica C6500 Jam Paper, I checked and saw the ADU doesn't work, so that when the paper came from Tray 1 to ADU , it's Jam. I tryed to change another ADU from other machine it is still doesn't work.
any advise for me to fix this problem ?

Thanks

Mick01
12-11-2012, 02:04 AM
a bit more info would be helpful to try and isolate?
Paper size, paper type, weight, jam code, where paper is stopping inside the machine, jamming on all stocks or just one type?
Its hard to assist with such little information!!!

truongson
12-11-2012, 09:00 AM
a bit more info would be helpful to try and isolate?
Paper size, paper type, weight, jam code, where paper is stopping inside the machine, jamming on all stocks or just one type?
Its hard to assist with such little information!!!

When I print the Test Page from Tray 1, Paper Size is A4, the printer working and when paper came from Tray1 to ADU it's jam with Code J-1706.
- I check I/O 22-0 to 22-x , all result IN :000.
- Check all motors on AUD and see, no motor working when paper loading from Tray 1 so that the paper can not keep going on.
- I have 2 pcs (p/n A03U R7B5 00 - main board ) and try to change it, but nothing change then.

ineo+6501
12-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Check that the ADU drive gear is connecting with the drive motor when the ADU is closed. It's on the right hand side at the back of the ADU, a white plastic thing with notches cut out. I've had it before when paper has scrunched up behind the ADU and stopped this from meshing.

Failing that, either the Conveyance Drive Board (the board on the front of the ADU) or the PRCB Printer Control Board (at the rear of machine behind the fuser).

HTH

truongson
12-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Check that the ADU drive gear is connecting with the drive motor when the ADU is closed. It's on the right hand side at the back of the ADU, a white plastic thing with notches cut out. I've had it before when paper has scrunched up behind the ADU and stopped this from meshing.

Failing that, either the Conveyance Drive Board (the board on the front of the ADU) or the PRCB Printer Control Board (at the rear of machine behind the fuser).

HTH

HI, Thank you for your help .

I changed the "ADU drive gear" , Conveyance Drive Board, PRCB Printer Control Board from another machine in to this machine, but no thing change, still jam with J-1706 .

Setright
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Check the sensor flags for wear.

Both the one in the fuser left door, and the one further down, hiding in the black plastic guide that leads down to the ADU entrance.

These get worn out, become too short, and don't register the paper!

I enclose a picture of the worst case of wear I have seen on the reg-arm in the fuser exit!

truongson
12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Check the sensor flags for wear.

Both the one in the fuser left door, and the one further down, hiding in the black plastic guide that leads down to the ADU entrance.

These get worn out, become too short, and don't register the paper!

I enclose a picture of the worst case of wear I have seen on the reg-arm in the fuser exit!

I think, if the sensor flags worn out and become short like this, the Paper will jam at the Fuser, My case the paper jam at the ADU entrance slot.

eifling
12-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Have you cleaned all the rubber wheels from tray 1 to where it is jamming?

Also check the motors in adu for broken wires. I had one that someone slammed the adu to hard and I guess it made the motor come off the slot that keeps it from spinning. Motor spun which ripped out the wires to it.

Setright
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I think, if the sensor flags worn out and become short like this, the Paper will jam at the Fuser, My case the paper jam at the ADU entrance slot.

Look one flag further down (sorry, no picture) it doesn't take a lot of wear before the machine will jam in duplex mode.

The flag I mean is replaced by removing the fuser, it is not part of the fuser.

Mick01
12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Jam Code indicates the paper is not reaching PS27.
Try the following
I/O Input 20-3
should indicate 0 (or low) when paper is not present
Place a sheet of paper covering the sensor
should indicate 1 (or high) when paper present
Try the following
I/O output 28-0
Press start and see if M41 (paper feed motor) is rotating
check that the drive shaft that connects to the ADU drive gear is rotating.
Also check that the plate that hold the entrance drive idler rollers is not bent. this is common when the customer gets a jam and forces the ADU out. The idler rollers lose contact with the grey drive rollers.
Hope this helps.

truongson
12-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Jam Code indicates the paper is not reaching PS27.
Try the following
I/O Input 20-3
should indicate 0 (or low) when paper is not present
Place a sheet of paper covering the sensor
should indicate 1 (or high) when paper present
Try the following
I/O output 28-0
Press start and see if M41 (paper feed motor) is rotating
check that the drive shaft that connects to the ADU drive gear is rotating.
Also check that the plate that hold the entrance drive idler rollers is not bent. this is common when the customer gets a jam and forces the ADU out. The idler rollers lose contact with the grey drive rollers.
Hope this helps.

in I/O Input 20-3 I place a paper cover the sensor SP27 but the result IN : 000 , it not change 1 that mean the Sensor SP27 have problem, I change this sensor but nothing change. I think there is not input power in to sensor SP27 ? What I have to do next ?

I/O 28-0 and press START the motor M41 rotating and all white gears in ADU are rotating, There are white gears motor rotating only, the iron pipe cover motor are not rotating, as I know make the paper going all iron pipe cover motors have to rotating.

The entrance drive idler rollers is ok, checked all.

Mick01
12-12-2012, 01:39 AM
If you have replaced the sensor with no luck i suggest the following
Test for voltage and signal for the sensor
connector 556 pin 1 on the conveyance drive board should be 5v
connector 556 pin 2 is the control signal back from the sensor (this should switch high or low depending on paper covering sensor or not)
connector 556 pin 3 is Ground

Place your red lead on your meter on pin 2 and your black lead to ground. Watch for a signal change between 5v and 0v when paper is covering and uncovering the sensor.

If there is no change then i would check the wiring to the sensor. If it is changing then you have most likely a faulty conveyance drive board.

hope this helps in isolating your fault.

truongson
12-12-2012, 04:52 AM
If you have replaced the sensor with no luck i suggest the following
Test for voltage and signal for the sensor
connector 556 pin 1 on the conveyance drive board should be 5v
connector 556 pin 2 is the control signal back from the sensor (this should switch high or low depending on paper covering sensor or not)
connector 556 pin 3 is Ground

Place your red lead on your meter on pin 2 and your black lead to ground. Watch for a signal change between 5v and 0v when paper is covering and uncovering the sensor.

If there is no change then i would check the wiring to the sensor. If it is changing then you have most likely a faulty conveyance drive board.

hope this helps in isolating your fault.

I check from the connector 556 with RED lead meter on PIN 2 and Black lead to Ground , Watch no signal when I cover paper and release paper out. So how can I check THE WRITING TO THE SENSOR ?

Mick01
12-12-2012, 05:18 AM
Hi,
You will have to check continuity of the wiring from the board to the connector of the sensor.
542 pin 3 to 556 pin 1
542 pin 2 to 556 pin 2
542 pin 3 to 556 pin 3
Before you do that though confirm you are getting 5v at 542 pin 3 on the conveyance drive board. Put the red lead on pin 3 and black lead to ground.
If you are not getting 5v on that pin check the 5v input to the conveyance board 507 pin 5
Again hope this helps

truongson
12-12-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi,
You will have to check continuity of the wiring from the board to the connector of the sensor.
542 pin 3 to 556 pin 1
542 pin 2 to 556 pin 2
542 pin 3 to 556 pin 3
Before you do that though confirm you are getting 5v at 542 pin 3 on the conveyance drive board. Put the red lead on pin 3 and black lead to ground.
If you are not getting 5v on that pin check the 5v input to the conveyance board 507 pin 5
Again hope this helps

You mean 524 or 542 ?? I just see 524 but 542 on main Board .

Mick01
12-12-2012, 05:33 AM
542 is the three pin connector that plugs into the sensor

truongson
12-12-2012, 05:47 AM
542 is the three pin connector that plugs into the sensor
I Saw on conveyance drive board just see 524 with 6 pin and 556 with 3 pin I can't find 542 with 3 pin as you'r guiding .

Mick01
12-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Hi,
I am referring to the connector for the sensor 556 is on the board, 542 is the connector that plugs into PS27.
See attached screenshot of the circuit diagram18594

truongson
12-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi,
542 pin 3 to 556 pin 1
542 pin 2 to 556 pin 2
542 pin 3 to 556 pin 3
Again hope this helps

There is 5V input to the conveyance board 507 pin 5, but there is not 5V at 542 pin 3.

Mick01
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM
OK,
Check for 5v at 556 pin 1 on the conv drive board. If you have 5V there you have a wiring break between the board and the sensor. If you dont have 5V then you have a faulty board.
Kind regards

truongson
12-12-2012, 07:12 AM
OK,
Check for 5v at 556 pin 1 on the conv drive board. If you have 5V there you have a wiring break between the board and the sensor. If you dont have 5V then you have a faulty board.
Kind regards

if don't have 5V at 556 pin 1 the reason came from Printer Controller Board or not ??? Printer Controller Board is control them or not ?

Mick01
12-12-2012, 07:34 AM
No 5v supplied directly from DC power supply. You have already checked input voltage from there (507 in 5).
If there is no 5v on that pin it may be a blown icp on the Conv board. Check all icp's.
Kind regards

Custom Search