PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub c351 wrinkling paper

Custom Search

acsolutions
12-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Hello, My c351 wrinkles every sheet from LTR,LGL,LTR-R and 11x17 all at the last three inches of the page. pulled the fuser don't see anything wrong. watched the advance knob on the side of the machine to look for hesitation. ( removed side cover to see) no copy quality problems. cleaned and inspected sensors in paper path. There are between 1 and 3 wrinkles about 3/4 of an inch long.

EarthKmTech
12-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I live in the metric (real? ;) ) world so I don't know what those paper sizes are, but if your talking about long papers, these machines did that out of the box new. Loading of the paper has to be done very carefully and dead straight in the tray with the guides set perfectly and even then you must close the tray gently and slowly as closing it too fast makes everything you just did a total waste of time. I always had more success printing long papers from tray 1 as it seems less fussy.

acsolutions
12-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I live in the metric (real? ;) ) world so I don't know what those paper sizes are, but if your talking about long papers, these machines did that out of the box new. Loading of the paper has to be done very carefully and dead straight in the tray with the guides set perfectly and even then you must close the tray gently and slowly as closing it too fast makes everything you just did a total waste of time. I always had more success printing long papers from tray 1 as it seems less fussy.

the problem happens out of every tray does not matter what type of paper it is, long or short. The machine has three trays, does it from all trays!

methogod
12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
DID YOU TRY TO PUSH ON THE SIDE DOOR see if that helps..

Subject:
PC402, skew and wrinkled copies unless pressure is applied to the side door.
Description:
Solution:
CAUSE: Either the front or rear pawl on the door is warped. The pawls are the plastic hooks that latch the door shut.

SOLUTION: Replace the front pawl (p/n 4348305201) or the rear pawl (p/n 4348305301) as necessary.

TRY TO ADJUST LOOP..

Subject:
Paper is "crunching" (wrinkling) but not jamming from all paper trays.
Description:
Paper is "crunching" but not jamming from all paper trays.
Solution:
CAUSE: The loop adjustment needs to be performed.

SOLUTION: Perform the loop adjustment:
1. Enter Tech Rep mode.
2. Select Printer Resist Loop.
3. Adjust the value for the each paper weight until the paper stops "crunching".

acsolutions
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM
DID YOU TRY TO PUSH ON THE SIDE DOOR see if that helps..

Subject:
Description:
Solution:
CAUSE: Either the front or rear pawl on the door is warped. The pawls are the plastic hooks that latch the door shut.

SOLUTION: Replace the front pawl (p/n 4348305201) or the rear pawl (p/n 4348305301) as necessary.

TRY TO ADJUST LOOP..

Subject:
Paper is "crunching" (wrinkling) but not jamming from all paper trays.
Description:
Paper is "crunching" but not jamming from all paper trays.
Solution:
CAUSE: The loop adjustment needs to be performed.

SOLUTION: Perform the loop adjustment:
1. Enter Tech Rep mode.
2. Select Printer Resist Loop.
3. Adjust the value for the each paper weight until the paper stops "crunching".

awesome, lots of info! yeah, tried the fuser loop adjustment for drawers 1 thru 3 I had zeroed everything I think it went +3
+5 and -13 then zero'ed all entries and made no difference. I did not try pushing on the door I'll give that a try!
usually with the loop adj. the wrinkles go all the way through the page, this is the last 3 inches!

AjitN
12-10-2012, 01:47 AM
What is the condition of Fuser Rollers? If they are worn out due to heavy stock or some special media, it may give this problem. As paper trail edge leves Transfer belt & 2nd transfer roll paper is driven only by fuser.
Hope this may help

JR2ALTA
12-10-2012, 02:45 AM
You need to replace the fuser drive ass'y due to a wobbly bushing. A pain but not too bad.

There's is a knowledge base with pictures of this problem.(last three inches are wavy)

JR2ALTA
12-10-2012, 03:18 AM
You need to replace the fuser drive ass'y due to a wobbly bushing. A pain but not too bad.

There's is a knowledge base with pictures of this problem.(last three inches are wavy)

Sorry I checked again, the above solution was for c451. Food for the thought tho

Custom Search