PDA

View Full Version : C200 Fax FK-507 not working

Custom Search

habik
12-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi I hate this machine. especially as I have never seen it before.

Trying to send simple and plain fax..no fancy things.

Machin has the latest FW and I have also tried to send fax from the same line with a different faxmachine(PANASONIC) and it went out OK I have not received any back from our office test fax though.

I have done full system error clear, reboot by pressing the switch next to flash card slot.

It is just not sending handshake signals..outer fax is asking for it, this one is not shaking hand with anything ..very pissed off..

Any recommendation where to kick this machine to get it to send something..

Reading on SM and ToO manuals on the fly.

Thanks for any help. Appreciated very much!

blackcat4866
12-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Maybe the Kyocera trick is worth a try?

Power Off, remove fax, load firmware, power Off, re-install fax, re-load firmware.

It helps with locked up fax PWB on Kyocera products. Maybe Konica Minolta too? =^..^=

habik
12-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Maybe the Kyocera trick is worth a try?

Power Off, remove fax, load firmware, power Off, re-install fax, re-load firmware.

It helps with locked up fax PWB on Kyocera products. Maybe Konica Minolta too? =^..^=

I think I may give it a bash, nothing to loose I hope..

I think I will start with full memory clear first, then fax out, then FW reload, then fax in, then re-flash of FW, then skip yard and a beer to clear my memory of ECM and set my equaliser to some random levels of noise.. then I sell them machine that actually works.

Before all that I think I rip the wires out of the wall socket and pull the guy checking the connections on a pole down just for fun..sorry for the rant, just had a long day!

Thank you BlackCat

methogod
12-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Did it ever work? or new install or new setup?

need some more info please

methogod
12-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Subject:
FK-507, fax kit not recognized.
Description:
FK-507, the machine is not seeing the fax kit.
Solution:
CAUSE: Failed MFBU board.

SOLUTION: Please replace the MFBU board (p/n A02FPP1100).

habik
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Subject:
FK-507, fax kit not recognized.
Description:
FK-507, the machine is not seeing the fax kit.
Solution:
CAUSE: Failed MFBU board.

SOLUTION: Please replace the MFBU board (p/n A02FPP1100).

Fax kit is seen by the machine, I can Hook-On and hear dial tone.
I have tried Tone and Pulse dialing.. it rings but it never make a handshake with other fax. When calling a phone line and my colleague picked it up I could hear them, that means the NCU board (socket/interface) and line is OK or so I hope, I think the modem has issues. Does anyone know where the modem is located ? Is it on the ADCU board or on the NCU?

How to configure it for UK lines? Has anyone got the FULL LIST OUTPUT FOR UK machine. C200 or MF201

Marketing area is EU I believe and location GB. BUT I am just recalling this from my short term memory :)

Thanks for your input so far.

methogod
12-12-2012, 07:01 PM
what about this...

Subject:
FK-507, cannot transmit a fax. (Password Tx button is always highlighted.)
Description:
FK-507, cannot transmit a fax.
Solution:
CAUSE: Software switch 000 is set incorrectly. The HEX Selection should read 30.

SOLUTION: To set the HEX selection to 30, perform the following procedure:
1. Enter Service mode.
2. Select System Input.
3. Select Software Switch Setting.
4. Mode Selection should read 000.
5. Set the Bit Selection to read 0011000.
6. Verify HEX Selection reads 30.
7. Select Apply.
8. Select OK 3 times to exit the mode.
9. Reboot the MFP.

methogod
12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
dont know what else to check, modem is cheap i would get a replacement off ebay.

here is the manual. There are a bunch of soft switches that need to be set for EU, may want to make sure they are all set to default. starts on page 529 (ish)....

here is the link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylv4zf542nnrx60/bizhubC200FieldService.pdf)

BennyAU
12-13-2012, 03:29 AM
what about this...

Subject:
FK-507, cannot transmit a fax. (Password Tx button is always highlighted.)
Description:
FK-507, cannot transmit a fax.
Solution:
CAUSE: Software switch 000 is set incorrectly. The HEX Selection should read 30.

SOLUTION: To set the HEX selection to 30, perform the following procedure:
1. Enter Service mode.
2. Select System Input.
3. Select Software Switch Setting.
4. Mode Selection should read 000.
5. Set the Bit Selection to read 0011000.
6. Verify HEX Selection reads 30.
7. Select Apply.
8. Select OK 3 times to exit the mode.
9. Reboot the MFP.

keep in mind the hex setting of 30 is for the US market, EU is 20

here in AU, switch 512 needs all switches to be set to 0 to be able to send out a fax, might be worth trying (bit 7 is set to 1 by default, but may be due to marketing area)

I assume you can receive faxes without issue though?

methogod
12-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Sorry I know US only, thats why i posted the Fax service guide, hundred plus software switches to play with.

I dont know but i have spend a day playing with a fax kit on a C550, turned out the manual and install guide was wrong, book said it needs to be in front slot, but really needs to be in back.

Don't get me started with the fact that it doesn't line up exactly. You have apply some force to line it up. Pain in My ass...

BennyAU
12-13-2012, 04:36 AM
I dont know but i have spend a day playing with a fax kit on a C550, turned out the manual and install guide was wrong, book said it needs to be in front slot, but really needs to be in back.

Don't get me started with the fact that it doesn't line up exactly. You have apply some force to line it up. Pain in My ass...

i remember that, plugged it into the first one, because it had fax imprinted into the plate (couldnt see the other one) and wondered why the machine kept coming up with fax errors!

haven't had that issue of it not lining up though

habik
12-13-2012, 06:17 PM
keep in mind the hex setting of 30 is for the US market, EU is 20

here in AU, switch 512 needs all switches to be set to 0 to be able to send out a fax, might be worth trying (bit 7 is set to 1 by default, but may be due to marketing area)

I assume you can receive faxes without issue though?

Thanks I have noticed the US and EU difference, I have not been back to the client as yet..

I'll update you. as soon as i put my hands on it again,. thanks for inputs!!

Custom Search