PDA

View Full Version : Konica C280 - Another Duplex Print Question

Custom Search

swt
12-12-2012, 10:46 AM
We use trays 3 and 4 to print letters with attached membership cards and have been successfully printing single-sided although this requires paper to be loaded in a specific orientation to prevent attached card causing a jam. The trays need to be set to Thick 2 or they'll jam.

We'd now like to add more text to membership letters resulting in a second page but I can't get it to print duplex correctly. When I try I end up with various combinations but usually printing page one upside down on the reverse.

I have spoken to a Konica engineer who was surprised that it would work at all with Thick 2 expecting duplex to be greyed out above 131gm. He did suggest trying flip on long/short edge but this hasn't resolved it. It looks like what we want to achieve is not possible without printing one side then manually flipping over for page two - and even then I expect we'll get the jam issue - but I thought I'd check here in case anyone has a different suggestion.

Thanks,
Michael

kingarthur
12-12-2012, 11:40 AM
i'm surprised that you can duplex that at all, however if you duplex landscape it will be reverse /upside down on the other side, you need to have it in portrait...

swt
12-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know how many combinations I'll have to go through but nothing's doing it so far.

emujo
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Are you trying different settings with the short/long edge bind settings in the layout tab? Does the graphic on the basic tab look like what you want? Also, this may not be pertinent, but the thick settings have no affect on pulling paper from the trays..just image processing voltages and fuser temp/speed. Paper that can't be pulled from the trays (super slick, perforated, thin etc) should be placed in the bypass tray. I know this isn't always a realistic expectation though. Emujo

swt
12-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Are you trying different settings with the short/long edge bind settings in the layout tab?

Was trying different bind options just before your reply Emujo and 'Left Bind' worked! Just got to do more testing including with single page.

swt
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
These settings work for duplex with paper in face-down:

Portrait
Flip pages on short edge
Left Bind

Having to place the paper face-down gives us a new hurdle as single page letters print on reverse only (with settings I've tested). A blank first page with single page letters should work using duplex settings above but I'd welcome any info on something else to try first.

swt
12-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Due to the changes required for single-page templates incorporating a blank first page using these settings I've been asked to knock this on the head for now as we'll look to amend the next paper order to include text on the back of the page (it's a standard piece of text). Many thanks to you both for your advice as sticking to portrait when testing saved me a lot of time and the bind option would have sorted it in duplex.

Cheers,
Michael

Custom Search