PDA

View Full Version : KM 2530

Custom Search

copiman
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Can someone tell me about scanning with the KM-2530? Here is the deal. I have a customer that I service their stand alone printer. They have a KM-2530 that scans to a few computers in the office. They need it to scan to 2 more computers. I can set up scanning with Panas and Ricohs. Never set one up for KMs. The local dealer attempted to do it, but could not and gave up. Does Kyocera Mita have a utility that can be downloaded? Does anyone have any instructions thay can send me. Looks like they are scanning to folder. Any help on how to help these people would be great.

linuxgyro
12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
you need scan file utility. what happens is you load it on your computer then you tell the copier to look at your computer name. then when you have that, the scan ile utility can be setup to scan to a location on the drive. its actually really easy to do.

copiman
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
you need scan file utility. what happens is you load it on your computer then you tell the copier to look at your computer name. then when you have that, the scan ile utility can be setup to scan to a location on the drive. its actually really easy to do.

Thank you linuxgyro!! So, I just load the utility you posted on the computer to where the scans are to go by clicking run? Do you have any step by step procedures or know where to find them? Then once the utility is loaded, I can change the destination to a folder of the customers choice or leave it as is?

With the Panasonic scan utility, you just click run and it pretty much loads itself. Although, you have to keep selecting continue on each pop up. It is about the easiest scan set up I have ever seen.

I'm just trying to make sure I do this right. The local dealer here and a computer/networking company have not been able to make it work. The customer has several computers that are working. its just the two that don't. One had a hard drive crash and had it fixed. Also, the customer was told that the firewall was the problem. I know with the Panasonic scan utility, it automatically comes with a firewall tool. When the port get blocked you just click the tool and your back up and scanning. Does Kyocera's scan utility come with something similar.

I know I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I just want to be sure of myself. We are starting to sell Kyocera through a reseller right now and probably becoming a dealer. Not my department though. If you have any info you can send, send me a private message and I can send you my email address. Maybe there is a website that has the utility and info?

Thanks again for your help. Let me know if I can help you. I have Panasonic, Ricoh, HP, Toshiba, and other stuff/contacts.

Kidaver
12-13-2012, 02:10 PM

This should help you with the Scanner File Utility.

copiman
12-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, I loaded the utility and followed the instructions from the earlier posts. I'm still a little confused. Here is where I'm at.

There is one computer that was already scanning upon arrival. Here is some info from that computer using ipconfig:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : att.net
IP Address ............................. : 192.168.1.104
Subnet Mask .......................... : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway ..................... : 192.168.1.254

Ethernet adapter Network Connect Adapter:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : nml.com
IP Address ............................. : 10.251.7.144
Subnet Mask .......................... : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway ..................... :

Here is the one I'm trying to get scanning.

IP Address ............................. : 192.168.1.107

IP Address ............................. : 10.251.21.1101

Here is the info from the copier.

IP 192.168.1.31
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1

I was always told that if you cannot ping the machine from the computer, there is not a connection. Well, both computers listed will not ping the copier. Although, the first computer I listed works when scanning from the copier. They do not use the copier for printing. Just scanning to PC and copies.

I may be confusing myself. But I should be able to ping the copier, right? Anyway, if this information shows anything that would help me please let me know.

Kidaver
12-14-2012, 02:38 PM
When you are pinging it are you pinging the printer IP addy, even tho I know you are not printing. The scan card has it's own IP as well.

copiman
12-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I am pinging the copier at 192.168.1.31.

Am I doing something wrong or just a space cadet?

blackcat4866
12-15-2012, 03:43 AM
When you are pinging it are you pinging the printer IP addy, even tho I know you are not printing. The scan card has it's own IP as well.

Kidaver is on the right track.
There are two separate NIC cards with two separate IP addresses. If you've only got one Cat5 cable and you can scan, then only the scanner is connected. If you want to ping the printer you'll need another Cat5 cable and set another unique IP address for the print card.

I hope that's clear. It was a long day.

I am pinging the copier at 192.168.1.31.

Am I doing something wrong or just a space cadet?

Believe me, you're not the only space cadet today. So ...1.31 is the scanner? What IP is the print card? =^..^=

RollingROARANDA
12-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Well, I loaded the utility and followed the instructions from the earlier posts. I'm still a little confused. Here is where I'm at.

There is one computer that was already scanning upon arrival. Here is some info from that computer using ipconfig:

IP Address ............................. : 192.168.1.104

IP Address ............................. : 10.251.7.144

Here is the one I'm trying to get scanning.

IP Address ............................. : 192.168.1.107

IP Address ............................. : 10.251.21.1101

Here is the info from the copier.

IP 192.168.1.31
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1

I was always told that if you cannot ping the machine from the computer, there is not a connection. Well, both computers listed will not ping the copier. Although, the first computer I listed works when scanning from the copier. They do not use the copier for printing. Just scanning to PC and copies.

I may be confusing myself. But I should be able to ping the copier, right? Anyway, if this information shows anything that would help me please let me know.

Yup these old school machines need both Nics connected ( 1 for scanning, one for printing) and set the default gateway on the copier to 192.168.1.254.. Hit me up, Ive done my share of these..

copiman
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Kidaver is on the right track.
There are two separate NIC cards with two separate IP addresses. If you've only got one Cat5 cable and you can scan, then only the scanner is connected. If you want to ping the printer you'll need another Cat5 cable and set another unique IP address for the print card.

I hope that's clear. It was a long day.

Believe me, you're not the only space cadet today. So ...1.31 is the scanner? What IP is the print card? =^..^=

Well, Crap! Did not know it had 2 cards. I was pinging the printer 1.31. If my memory is correct (ha), it only has 1 cable. This clears up alot of confusion. As far as the gateway, I'm still out there. One of the computers is scanning and one is not. I loaded the utility per the instructions from lynxgyro, but when I got to the part of webbing in, I could not web in. So here is where I'm stuck. I would assume one can do this part manually at the copier, just not sure how. I have a service manual, but its not that informative. Will try to search for more info. that may help. Any input would be great.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Ya'll rock.

copiman
12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Well sports fans, its done. I was able to get the ip of the scanner. Then webbed in and was able to get them scanning. One thing I found as well was I had to reload the utility and configure it. Basically, I started from scratch. All is well in the land of OZ.

Thanks to all ya'll that responded to my post. I hope one day I will be able to help ya'll.

blackcat4866
12-19-2012, 01:42 AM
You're not the first to pose this question. My first question is always "How many network cables are plugged into your machine?"

When I get a confused or snide "Well one, OF COURSE." that narrows down the problem considerably.
Congratulations. =^..^=

Custom Search