PDA

View Full Version : BH C452 J72-26 Booklet Folding

Custom Search

bafaction
12-13-2012, 01:29 AM
I have a C452 that is getting a J72-26 jam, The customer is doing a booklet job and this error is very intermittment, When this jam happens the booklet is folded and stapled but about 3-4 pages on the inside of the book have not moved down with the rest of the pages so when it is stapled the these pages are stapled at one end, What I am aksing is if anyone has had a simular issue were the middle pages do not move down with the rest of the pages to be stapled in the middle, The images in the pages are some heav coverage graphs, I am feeling it is a static build up and this makes the pages stick to the metal guide plate.

Shadow
12-13-2012, 01:42 AM
check the condition of the foam rollers in the finisher and also check the adjustments on the alignment section of the saddle sticher.

Itsthepaper
12-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Problems like that always have something to do with pages catching on the way down in the staging section, before stapling or folding. Also stapler section could be hitting the staged pages and pushing it away from the stack. Even if the problem is intermittent you could still cheat the door and carefully watch the sheets falling down and if it doesn't jam on you you could get a clue by watching, look for pages not dropping smoothly or pages moving as the stapler is moving.

MAD0RAM
12-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Also check for buildup of dirt/toner on the static eliminators.
The little hair like things.

Custom Search