PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Cloud Based Scanning

Custom Search

perkinpop
12-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if there is anyway to scan directly into a cloud, I'm aware of different 3rd party software that gives this functionality. I'm just wondering if this can be done directly from the machine in particular the Konica Minolta C360 series.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

JR2ALTA
12-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Sure they can do pretty much anything if configured properly.

The cloud is a generic term for offsite storage. It means nothing if you're asking for a how-to. Each scanning destination and network protocol have their own quirks and requirements.

Konica teaches a class in advanced connectivity. You should attend.

Chameleon
12-14-2012, 04:03 AM
It depends if your could storage provider requires client software to be installed or not. I use dropbox which requires client software. If they require client software to be installed to access the storage as a mapped drive, it won't work since you can't install it on the C360. Some even require client software for FTP, which won't work either. If they don't require any software to be installled and support FTP you should be able to set it up the same a scan to ftp. Just be sure to have the correct gateway address so the c360 can access the FTP on the cloud (WAN) and add an address entry with the FTP IP, user/pass. Hope this helps.

perkinpop
12-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Thanks for that, wasn't looking for a how to just wanted to make sure it was possible. With regards to the training I will try and enroll but being in a remote part of Australia can make it a little difficult.

perkinpop
12-14-2012, 04:12 AM
It depends if your could storage provider requires client software to be installed or not. I use dropbox which requires client software. If they require client software to be installed to access the storage as a mapped drive, it won't work since you can't install it on the C360. Some even require client software for FTP, which won't work either. If they don't require any software to be installled and support FTP you should be able to set it up the same a scan to ftp. Just be sure to have the correct gateway address so the c360 can access the FTP on the cloud (WAN) and add an address entry with the FTP IP, user/pass. Hope this helps.

Thanks heaps for that!!

Custom Search