PDA

View Full Version : New HTML Service Manuals

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
12-15-2012, 04:53 AM
For those of you who have checked out the new User Manual CDs that's going to be the layout of service manuals. Not PDF

Had a coworker attend class with new style manuals.

The response was resoundingly negative.

Any thoughts?

JustManuals
12-15-2012, 06:39 AM
PDF is the way to go, works on all platforms, period.

Paul@justmanals.com

MAD0RAM
12-15-2012, 10:22 AM
For those of you who have checked out the new User Manual CDs that's going to be the layout of service manuals. Not PDF

Had a coworker attend class with new style manuals.

The response was resoundingly negative.

Any thoughts?

Maybe for the new SSD Mobile app they put out.

blackcat4866
12-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I've used a few and didn't care for them much. Keyword searches did not find even prominent keywords in headers. And the descriptions were, in many cases sketchy and incomplete.

IMHO its a two steps back, worse than paper manuals.

A resounding NO, don't. =^..^=

skynet
12-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Canon have had a dabble with them as well, they call them ESM's or electronic service manual. The standard pdf's are available as well, the esm's are several times larger than the pdfs and are to put it bluntly crap.

I think there was a section in the esm called "How to use this manual" which I thought was quite strange since the pdf that it might replace never had anything like that, your granny could use it. To think there's people employed to write this garbage in the aim of progress and innovation but the end result is always tested out in the field, on us the engineers. It seems a trait in this industry to replace something that works and is easy to use with something that isn't either.

Custom Search