PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Minolta EP 2130 / EP 2131

Custom Search

kenday
12-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I have an OLD Monilta copier...an EP 2130/EP2131. It has been working very well...and I can still buy toner...but recently the copies are full of black parallell lines...and I can't figure out what to do...Can I clean or replace something...so it will not cost me a fortune? As I say...it still works very well, black and white copies, but I can't use copies with the black parallell lines!

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance...Ken

Dickie
12-15-2012, 02:25 PM
These machines had 20K life imaging units which were designed as a throw away and complete unit replace.
I suspect the fault is just the drum cleaner blade but am not sure if you can get one now.
If the I/U has done anywhere near 20K then you will need to replace the whole unit soon anyway as these machines lock out after I/U reaches 20K that is unless you are an engineer and know how to reset it. But you will need a slave machine of either 2120 or 2150 series as the 2130 series main board blows if you attempt to reset it in situ

kenday
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I have an OLD Monilta copier...an EP 2130/EP2131. It has been working very well...and I can still buy toner...but recently the copies are full of black parallell lines...and I can't figure out what to do...Can I clean or replace something...so it will not cost me a fortune? As I say...it still works very well, black and white copies, but I can't use copies with the black parallell lines!

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance...Ken

Thanks for your answer...It looks like I have made about 19781 copies so far...so it looks like the machine needs a new IU...I am not an engineer so if I try to do something then it's going to blow...so I guess it's a trip to the dump that's in order!

I live in Sweden and there are no service people for these units anymore...Minolta had no ideas...so I gues it's the end of the life line for this unit...

All the best and thanks again for your advice...

Ken

kenday
12-15-2012, 03:09 PM
These machines had 20K life imaging units which were designed as a throw away and complete unit replace.
I suspect the fault is just the drum cleaner blade but am not sure if you can get one now.
If the I/U has done anywhere near 20K then you will need to replace the whole unit soon anyway as these machines lock out after I/U reaches 20K that is unless you are an engineer and know how to reset it. But you will need a slave machine of either 2120 or 2150 series as the 2130 series main board blows if you attempt to reset it in situ

Thanks for your answer...It looks like I have made about 19781 copies so far...so it looks like the machine needs a new IU...I am not an engineer so if I try to do something then it's going to blow...so I guess it's a trip to the dump that's in order!

I live in Sweden and there are no service people for these units anymore...Minolta had no ideas...so I gues it's the end of the life line for this unit...

All the best and thanks again for your advice...

Ken

JustManuals
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
This Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

ni311
12-18-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm sure a lot of parts are end of life, so you cannot order anymore. Just throw it to the dumpster.

Custom Search