PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Bizhub C253 Reset Image unit... (black)

Custom Search

Doug James
12-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I am trying to get up to speed here, but what are the ways to reset a perfectly good image unit. (Of course) the customer is down right now and on my butt. I only have 2 of these machines in my customer base...

JSC
12-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I am trying to get up to speed here, but what are the ways to reset a perfectly good image unit. (Of course) the customer is down right now and on my butt. I only have 2 of these machines in my customer base...

You can "chip" the image unit, you'll find there is a company advertising on this site that can sell you the chips, or you can load the special firmware for that model that will stop the machine from asking for the unit to be changed. Paul from justmanuals might be able to supply the firmware if you do not have access to the manufacture tech site, again he has an advert on this site.

Good Luck.

Doug James
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, Paul at Just Manuals is KICK ASS.Not sure what I would do without him. I shot him an email...

BennyAU
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
probably a bit late now, but when in service mode, press stop - zero - clear

go to iu life stop setting, and set to no stop

the message will still be on the screen, but the machine will keep running.

the above mentioned firmware will stop that message from showing on the screen, and the IU's will run until failure

907tec
12-18-2012, 11:46 PM
To be clear, though: the above procedure will not help if your machine already has IU's at the end-of-life. Changing the "no stop" setting will buy you some time if you make the change before the machine shuts down, but will not allow the machine to continue operation in this situation.

Shadow
12-18-2012, 11:53 PM
there is firmware to correct this issue.
if you are an authorized KM Tech, you can download it for install.
otherwise check with Paul to see if he has it.

BennyAU
12-19-2012, 03:21 AM
To be clear, though: the above procedure will not help if your machine already has IU's at the end-of-life. Changing the "no stop" setting will buy you some time if you make the change before the machine shuts down, but will not allow the machine to continue operation in this situation.

i have used this method to get machines running again in the past without issue, until i could get back with an iu/reset chip

saffar
03-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Hello all

how can i remove the message Error coming

Reset Image unit ..(black)

A technician replaced one chip and the machine prints fine but the message keeps popping up again and again he couldn't remove it

saffar
03-20-2015, 03:23 PM
I read there is firmware to correct this message any one has it please

saffar
03-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Any one can give paul justmanual email

darry1322
03-22-2015, 02:06 AM
Any one can give paul justmanual email

Paul from JustManuals passed away last year.

saffar
03-22-2015, 09:21 AM
I am sorry to hear that

Custom Search