PDA

View Full Version : x736 Transfer Replacement

Custom Search

mrwho
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I've replaced the transfer unit with a good one from a dead machine, but I can't find anywhere - neither the tech manual nor the user guide - the steps needed to reset the counter. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

ShmulikSalama
12-19-2012, 02:45 PM
as far as i know there is no reset for this part. i think you will have to replace it with a new one.

mrwho
12-19-2012, 04:37 PM
as far as i know there is no reset for this part. i think you will have to replace it with a new one.

Thank you for your reply. The unit I replaced it with, although in good condition, was not new (some hundred copies), so why does the machine still asks for a new unit? I looked around and saw no fuse (although I could've missed it) neither a chip (same as before), so if there's no software reset, how does the machine knows the unit is new/used/past life?

Cheers!

ShmulikSalama
12-20-2012, 06:46 AM
the chip is located inside the belt, you need to open the screws where the connector is pluged in.

mrwho
12-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Thank you - I'll double check. That's the problem when you check things in a hurry - you tend to miss it.

Nevertheless it's odd that the machine's message didn't go away - I believe it should, unless it expects to find a completely new unit instead of a semi-used one...

ShmulikSalama
12-20-2012, 08:43 AM
if I remember correctly it has to be new to reset the message.

mrwho
12-20-2012, 09:58 PM
if I remember correctly it has to be new to reset the message.

That's probably my problem. Thank you for the insight!

Custom Search