PDA

View Full Version : Cant' find C5501 on network

Custom Search

bpifer15
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
We recently got our C5501 back online after not using it for 1 year or so. I cannot seem to connect to it either in Command Workstation or from my Mac. Is there some function that could have gotten turned off? The ethernet cable is showing network traffic at the machine as well as at the router. I tried the IP address and server name through Command Workstation with no luck. This machine was running on this same network a year ago with no known changes when we took it offline. Any suggestion?

methogod
12-17-2012, 04:04 PM
if you have the ip set then it may be taken now.

when you took it offline maybe your newer printer is using the same ip address.

may have clashing ip's.

i would set it to DHCP until you can reach it then set it to something that is clear. Most IT guys will leave the .01-.99 clear for Static IP addresses.

bpifer15
12-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Sounds like that could be the case. How do I access the IP address? Is this done with a direct connection to the Fiery?

ni311
12-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Go to copier, push the Controller button on the LCD, go to Setup, enter password (usually 'Fiery.1' without commas), go to Network Setup and check the IP address. If it is ok, try to ping that IP and you should get a reply. Afterwards, you should be able to find the controller with Command Workstation.

bpifer15
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Got it. Changed the IP address and I was able to connect. Thank You!!

Custom Search