PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub pro 1051 dumping developer

Custom Search

Charlieb
12-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I have a 1051 that has suddenly started dropping developer onto the transfer belt.
Developer was changed 12k ago aong with 750K pm kit. Machine has 2.75 million total.
Turning developer unit by hand doesnt cause dev to spill out.
When I run I/O mode 041 developer motor turns but not drum motor - when I run a print image looks like developer is worn out and has a band of developer 3 -4 inches wide approx 2 inches from the rear.
Developer is dumped at end of transfer belt.
Any help appreciated - Thanks in advance

mick o connor
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
what is the volume on the drum???? If drum and developer have been changed were the counts reset??
regards Mick

nmfaxman
01-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Check erase lamps.
Residual drum charges will attract DV and toner.

Make sure machine is at least a little level.
I use a round bubble level on the glass.
If it is high in the front, all the DV settles in the back.

Zackuth
02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Have you found an answer for this issue? I have one doing the same thing.

Charlieb
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
A new developer assembly fixed the problem

mick o connor
02-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Have you found an answer for this issue? I have one doing the same thing.

I have talked to other engineers working on 1200 and 1050 machines, one chap recommended I change the drum potential board ( the small board with the sensor looking down on the drum) part number
55VA-2081, and delighted to report fault fixed

Zackuth
02-18-2013, 01:56 PM
I've changed the drum potential board, the developer unit, and charging unit. Tech support suggested to change the HV1 board, my tech rep suggested to reset to factory defaults. Haven't had an opportunity to try anything yet, but will keep you posted.

mick o connor
02-18-2013, 11:14 PM
I've changed the drum potential board, the developer unit, and charging unit. Tech support suggested to change the HV1 board, my tech rep suggested to reset to factory defaults. Haven't had an opportunity to try anything yet, but will keep you posted.

I guess you have a tough one on your hands, good luck with it, I think I would be looking for the fire lighters at this stage

Zackuth
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I think I would be looking for the fire lighters at this stage

No need to look, I have all that kind of stuff on my van!! :D

Zackuth
02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Our tech rep said I should perform the reset to factory default option in tech rep mode before I change anything else. After over 1000 prints everything looks good, and we couldn't get over 1000 before, so I'm thinking it's fixed. I have to replace the drum today, it's all scratched up from contact with the developer, and I'll let the customer use it.

mick o connor
02-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Our tech rep said I should perform the reset to factory default option in tech rep mode before I change anything else. After over 1000 prints everything looks good, and we couldn't get over 1000 before, so I'm thinking it's fixed. I have to replace the drum today, it's all scratched up from contact with the developer, and I'll let the customer use it.

I'm sure you are glad to see that one sorted and no need for the fire lighters after all, thanks for sharing the pain and I will put that tip in my little book of fixes.

dshiels
02-05-2015, 03:47 AM
Watch out for the bias spring contacts slipping out of position on the transfer belt assy, I have seen it cause pulling of developer onto pages.

Custom Search