PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous secure print issue

Custom Search

emujo
12-19-2012, 07:07 PM
We have several new 751s, and 552s placed at an account...Customer only uses secure print as printing option..users send jobs then walk to MFP go into system/secure print, select all their needed jobs and print them..Problem is the jobs will not print in the correct order, instead of a chronological print it seems like it is doing an alpabetical print of the jobs..not to big of an issue with 2 or 3 pages, but sometimes these jobs are 500-2000 pages and they must go back in and sort them correctly. If docs are printed directly to the printer then all is well. All MFPs are new and current firmware, all have HDDs, and security chips installed, HDD encryption is set, but not the HDD lock. I have tried a few different settings, page print versus batch print, and Spool/no spool to HDD for stored jobs with no change. Any ideas? TIA Emujo

blackcat4866
12-20-2012, 01:43 AM
It kinda makes sense. Each print job keeps the filename of the original document. The Userbox organizes them alphabetically, then prints them similarly.

What you need is for each print job to have a name not associated with the original file, but named serially or with a date/time stamp. In that way the documents will retain the same order in which they are sent. Next time I look at a driver I'll look to see if you have an option to name the print jobs serially or with date/time stamp.
=^..^=

kon
12-20-2012, 02:13 AM
I was able to find this information I hope it helps.

emujo
12-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info, but this only applies to doc stored in the user boxes, these options are not available in the secure print box...I just need a way to tell the secure print box to print the docs chronologicaly. Emujo

Custom Search