PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 751 - Cannot Get an I.P. Address to "Take"

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
12-20-2012, 04:56 AM
We have a bizhub 751 that just will not accept an I.P. address. It has the IC-208 installed in the machine (re-seated it too). The HDD is installed and formats just fine (shows as 100% available).

We ran the initialization of the Network Settings Data. We have tried DHCP to see if it would pull any I.P. address on its own and it never does.

I even tried turning OFF IPV6, AUTO DNS, LDAP and anything else I could find to turn off. If you manually plug in everything it DOES accept Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and 3 DNS's; but it will always blow away/indicate 0.0.0.0 for the I.P address. Help?

methogod
12-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Subject:
The machine will not hold the ip address entered in the network setting of the machine.
Description:
The machine will not hold the ip address entered in the network setting of the machine.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:

1. The print controller is in a trouble isolation state.

SOLUTION: Enter the service mode, select 'system one', then select 'trouble isolation'. Set the print controller to 'unset' to release it from isolation. Once it has been released, the ip address can now be entered and stored in the machine.

2. Problem with the network setting.

SOLUTION: Enter the adminstrator mode, select Network Settings, then select Network Setting and press the "Off" button. Turn off the main power. Then turn on the main power, Enter the adminstrator mode, select Network Settings, then select Network Setting and press the "On" button. Turn the main power off. At power on the IP address should "stick."

MFPs R Now PCs
12-20-2012, 06:24 PM
So, The following worked great, THANK YOU! Just one question why would this work (a OFF/ON Network Setting under Administrator) and re-initializing "Network Setting Data" under the Technician Mode would not???

Subject:
Description:
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:

1. The print controller is in a trouble isolation state.

SOLUTION: Enter the service mode, select 'system one', then select 'trouble isolation'. Set the print controller to 'unset' to release it from isolation. Once it has been released, the ip address can now be entered and stored in the machine.

2. Problem with the network setting.

SOLUTION: Enter the adminstrator mode, select Network Settings, then select Network Setting and press the "Off" button. Turn off the main power. Then turn on the main power, Enter the adminstrator mode, select Network Settings, then select Network Setting and press the "On" button. Turn the main power off. At power on the IP address should "stick."

methogod
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
may just be a bug in the firmware, may be something that happens all the time under certain circumstances.

Was the machine new from KM? or used?

Just be glad enough people had the same issue that its recorded for others...

MFPs R Now PCs
12-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Used and we are refurbishing. Ur right, I am very thankful for who noted this thread about this issue! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

may just be a bug in the firmware, may be something that happens all the time under certain circumstances.

Was the machine new from KM? or used?

Just be glad enough people had the same issue that its recorded for others...

methogod
12-20-2012, 11:57 PM
I looked it up for you, but i have seen this before on a 600/601 can remember.

Alot of the beefier b&w comes out of copy shops, there easy to use for standard paper, so i know alot of them are on key cards or counters.

like what Fedex Office/Kinko's does but slightly different.

Custom Search