PDA

View Full Version : 601 Developer Dump

Custom Search

kahdgar
12-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi I have a new 601 that has just 40k copies on it and has had a massive developer dump. After this dump we replaced developer and let the machine continue. After about 60k more copies the machine took another massive developer dump. At this point we again replaced developer, charge unit, drum, cl blade, bias roller and the hot roller. Now after running another 30k copies the machine yet again took another developer dump. I was curious if anyone else has had this issue with this model of machine. Here are some pictures to show exactly what is going on.

Kidaver
12-20-2012, 05:48 PM
there is a bulletin on this to change some softswitch settings so that the cleaning clutch runs more often so your cleaning unit doesn't get backed up.

brent
12-20-2012, 06:14 PM
this is a common pr oblem. especially on the dif 5510 those damn things would run great. and then dump developer all over. there were some soft switches to tone the machine down. they are in the book. but Ithink the new 601 may have different soft switches. there are 3. and that seemed to work ok. but I am going in to my kmbs and see if Ican pull that bulletin up for the 601

brent
12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
here is a copy

brent
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
the one above is for the cleaning web. but Ihave issues with the cleaning web as well.
a brand new one from konica minolta will sometimes not work. seems that when the plastic
gets hot. it retracts. thereby moving the whole gear assembly back. not making a positive drive.
not pertinent to this thread. but still. problematic

brent

kahdgar
12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I appreciate the responses. Every new machine i get we turn on the toner recycle clutch. I believe you are talking about DpSw 27-1.Each time the dump has occurred the cleaning unit has not been backed up. I also have the 601 solutions and there really hasnt been any answers in there. This is almost all developer that is dumping not toner. The web is advancing properly. Also a new developing unit has been tried as well idk if i included that in my first post.

Darren King
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
The main reason for dev dumping on these "crapiers", ooops, I mean "copiers", is dirty or bad charging grid. Check the grid, if it is soiled with toner, clean it. If it is discoloured badly then replace it.
Darren

brent
12-21-2012, 06:48 PM
darren. is that real world experience? have you seen it and has this helped you with the toner dumping issues? help us out brothaaa

brent

Darren King
12-21-2012, 06:57 PM
darren. is that real world experience? have you seen it and has this helped you with the toner dumping issues? help us out brothaaa

brent

Brent
The grid is responsible for developer dumping. I make no claims involving toner dumping. These pigs dump toner no mater what "fix" is used.
Whoever thought that you could control the T/C ratio with a patch on the drum should be sentenced to work on these machines for the rest of their lives. It was a bad idea when Konica brought it out and it is still a bad idea.
Just my two cents worth.
Darren

brent
12-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I see that the tc corona sometimes gets filled up. and I dont remember i fit is toner or developer. but they will dump toner. it is inevitable. llittle here or there. just is going to happen. but the d eveloper dump is a lot worse. for sure. I will make a note on this for the grid. mental note taken

Darren King
12-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I see that the tc corona sometimes gets filled up. and I dont remember i fit is toner or developer. but they will dump toner. it is inevitable. llittle here or there. just is going to happen. but the d eveloper dump is a lot worse. for sure. I will make a note on this for the grid. mental note taken

My experience is, if it is still dropping dev after cleaning the grid then you have to replace it.

brent
12-21-2012, 09:12 PM
im kind of wondering why on this thread at 40 k it started dumping soo bad. surely the grid could have not been dirty yet was it? and in my experience it will usually start dumping higher in the meter. around600 to 800 k. not really early in life. so again. thanks for the information. I will use it in the future
brent

David Morrison
07-17-2013, 02:43 AM
The main reason for dev dumping on these "crapiers", ooops, I mean "copiers", is dirty or bad charging grid. Check the grid, if it is soiled with toner, clean it. If it is discoloured badly then replace it.
Darren

I work on a campus with several of these copiers and every 3 months or so, I have to vacuum out the process unit. Are you saying if I replace or clean the charging grid, I won't have to vacuum these out every so often or is that a fix if vacuuming it out doesn't work. I've been experimenting with the 27-1 DIP switch setting for the past several months I think it may be helping. But still once in awhile, I come across one that the cleaning section isn't too badly full, but still toner laying against the drum on the opposite side.

Mr Spock
07-17-2013, 04:29 AM
They updated the bulletin, can only get update online at SSD.

1. Verify the firmware is up-to-date.
2. Change DIP switch 27, bit 0 to 1.
3. Change DIP switch 27, bit 1 to 0.
4. Change DIP switch 27, bits 5 and 6 to 1.
5. Change DIP switch 27, bit 7 to 0 to ensure the recycle clutch turns all of the time.
6. Interlock the front door and verify the recycle unit turns and cannot be easily stopped by hand. If stopped easily, replace the clutch (p/n 56AA 8202 2) and one-way gear on the rear frame (p/n 56AA R706 00).

This has helped with several low volume machines for me.

CopyJunkie
07-17-2013, 07:26 PM
I had a 751 in a school doing this exact same thing, pulling developer around 40k right out of the box. Tried 250k PM kit, the Trans/Sep unit, new developer, new dev unit, drum with no result. We ended up lowering the toner density by 1.5% by changing dispswitches 23-2 and 23-3 from 0 to 1. That helped for a little while and got the machine to run to the next 250k PM but the problem resurfaced again.

This past May we replaced the whole drum cartridge and the Charge corona and I haven't heard from it since. So with my experience and everyone's input, my gut says the charge corona unit.

CompyTech
07-17-2013, 08:35 PM
I had a 751 in a school doing this exact same thing, pulling developer around 40k right out of the box. Tried 250k PM kit, the Trans/Sep unit, new developer, new dev unit, drum with no result. We ended up lowering the toner density by 1.5% by changing dispswitches 23-2 and 23-3 from 0 to 1. That helped for a little while and got the machine to run to the next 250k PM but the problem resurfaced again.

This past May we replaced the whole drum cartridge and the Charge corona and I haven't heard from it since. So with my experience and everyone's input, my gut says the charge corona unit.

We had one dump had a clogged recycle unit. The auger in the unit got warped, would not turn and then would backup. Usually when these things start to dump I replace the developer powder. Sometimes the T/S assy and charger unit.

Custom Search