PDA

View Full Version : KM machines automatically emailing meter readings

Custom Search

Solotime
12-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I have been tasked with the job of trying to set up some machines in the field to email meter readings. I can not locate the menu settings on a few so thought I would ask if they had the capability. The models I need are the C250 and BH250. Do either of these models have the capability to email meters and if so where are the settings located? Note: These are only on machines that are already setup to scan to email so that part of the setup is done.
Thanks

ni311
12-20-2012, 05:36 PM
On the color machine I'm sure you can, I already done that. The problem is that you won't get very detailed counters, like separate color and b/w prints. From what I am remembering, you will just get totals, copies, prints and scans. The b/w machine should be able to send these counters, too.
Let me know if you need the exact menu, I'll take a look at a machine tomorrow.

avecosat
12-20-2012, 06:01 PM
The BH-250 is not possible but the C-250 you can do it . In Administrator settings , network setting , detail setting , total counter report setting . YOu need all scan to email setting : SMTP adress , email direction , administrator direction , etc.... good luck.

Solotime
12-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks Guys,
The trouble I am having specifically on the C250's is that there is no total count report setting when entering the Admin Mode via the operation panel. Even tho I can see it via the web browser on SOME machines. I have 2 that I am trying to setup that have no total counter report settings even under the Admin Mode of the Web Interface? Wondering wether it might be only on a certain firmware level? Maybe earlier ones did not have this feature?

ni311
12-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe is just a firmware issue. Be sure to upgrade all the machines to the same firmware version.

Solotime
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
I did find out it is a firmware add. When I run into this now I just upgrade the firmware!

EarthKmTech
01-30-2013, 09:56 PM
that must of been very old firmware.

one easy way to check how ancient the firmware is on the c250/252/351/450 series is, is try to print the meter count page - if it lacks the option to print it double sided you are running ancient phase 1 firmware. There is a risk of loosing the entire address book data if you update from a version this old and you will always need to version up the hard drive regardless when updating from a previous phase. (you'll know about it because you will get an error code on reboot)

kronical
02-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Thanks Guys,
The trouble I am having specifically on the C250's is that there is no total count report setting when entering the Admin Mode via the operation panel. Even tho I can see it via the web browser on SOME machines. I have 2 that I am trying to setup that have no total counter report settings even under the Admin Mode of the Web Interface? Wondering wether it might be only on a certain firmware level? Maybe earlier ones did not have this feature?

You can only set this up via web browser, you may need to update to newer firmware for this feature to be available.

Custom Search