PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM With great products come great headaches!!!

Custom Search

emujo
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
On at least 3 of the KM 650 series, we have gone out to do a simple IU, or Fuser replacement and blown the MFP boards. Syptoms are Control Panel hangs at start up or will indicate "ready to copy" but start button never turns blue..And these are machines that were working just fine prior to the change, just CQ issues. No rhyme or reason for this..just posting to see if other techs have seen this issue on these or later products. Emujo

Merry Christmas or whatever you choose to (or not) celebrate. Thanks to those who have helped me out over the last year and apologies to anyone I annoyed. Looking forward to the tech support and great laughs all of you have contributed to this site. Emujo

kingarthur
12-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I had something similar on a C451, replaced 3 colour IUs & said ready to copy, but just hung there, but it was the RAM i had to replace....got no idea why....

JR2ALTA
12-22-2012, 12:34 AM
great products don't blow boards. anyone investigating if KM is using child labor on these parts? retarded children.

manoreth
12-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Have you tried replacing the firmware ?

EarthKmTech
12-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I've blown ram changing a fusing unit before, go figure.

I guess the moral of the story is, you should be wearing an earth strap at any time you go inside these machines no matter what your doing.

I blame my incredibly povo shoes, but hey im a copier tech, i cant afford Versace, vicious cycle. ;)

tmathiou
12-23-2012, 07:19 PM
TAUS0702587EN02

[I]Publisher

[Company]
BUS

[Group]
BUS_Service_Production

Contents

[Original Doc. No.]
TAUS0702587EN01

[Open Date]

[Doc. Language]
English

[Doc. Priority]

[Product Name]
bizhub C250
bizhub C252
bizhub C351
bizhub C450
ineo+ 250
ineo+ 251
ineo+ 350
ineo+ 450

[Option]

[Subject]
Start button is flashing amber.

[Description]

The Start button is flashing amber with “Ready to Copy” message. Unable to copy or print.

[Solution]

CAUSE: PWB-SIF has failed.
Note: The Main motor may have been replaced earlier due to a C-5102 error.

SOLUTION: Replace PWB-SIF (p/n 4038 0123 03 for bizhub C250/C252 and p/n 4037 0130 06 for bizhub C351/C450).

[Attached Files]

[Rev. Memo]
Add models and info - CBC

[Problem code1]
Main body control failure

[Problem code2]
R99:Other control failure (main body)

[Info. Type1]
Other

[Info. Type2]

[Info. Type3]

[Info. Type4]

[OS]

[Emulation]

[Application]

[Network]

[Feature]

[Location]

[Others]

[Related Info.]

[Rating Score]

[Quality Score]

emujo
12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough...the problem is solved, just looking for feed back from any other techs that may have seen this issue, what you did to resolve is and in your opinion, what is the cause...thanks anyway for the tech bulliten posts though...Emujo

blackcat4866
12-26-2012, 02:26 PM
On a C452 I had a failed color drum drive motor take out the PRCB.

The interesting part is that there was no voltage to the motor. I tracked it back to the PS. Replacing the PS did not help. Further tracking lead back to the PRCB. And all without a decent circuit diagram. The only useful thing in the manual was the connector pinouts. The rest I did with the circuit boards on a desk, following the traces with a magnifier.

What ever happened to the days when you could get a decent circuit diagram? =^..^=

emujo
12-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Right around the same time frame that PWBs were made by machines that could attach miniature componants...What use is a circuit diagram if the connections/componants you want to check are not measurable with the clunky testers most of us use from the 90's...Even if you find a blown protection diode, you cant desolder it and replace it...A friggen main board costs 2 grand and most of the time it's thrown away unless your company has some way to repair it (HYTECH)..Emujo

Custom Search