PDA

View Full Version : CQ bh601 raised letter after replacing duum

Custom Search

acsolutions
12-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Hello, my bizhub 601 after replacing drum the leading edge lettering ( first 3 inches) is raised also the text is smearing. I initially put in a aftermarket drum then I put in a OEM drum with the same problem. I did all the adjustments in the service mode ( image process section ) drum set, gamma etc. with still the same problem. when i place the old drum back in the machine it is just fine! The only problem with the old drum is two small dings. any help will definitely be appreciated. Thanks

methogod
12-22-2012, 07:22 AM
are you using aftermarket toner as well?

acsolutions
12-22-2012, 05:13 PM
are you using aftermarket toner as well?

I don't think so, we just sold it to a customer and did a developer change. It works fine with the old drum (OEM) It should work fine with the new drum! You would think that it should do the same thing with both drums?

methogod
12-23-2012, 01:29 AM
overtoning happens for a lot of reason, usually a toner/or DV problem.

you changed the DV did you do all adjustments?

acsolutions
12-23-2012, 03:46 AM
overtoning happens for a lot of reason, usually a toner/or DV problem.

you changed the DV did you do all adjustments?
What adjustments do I need to do? I did do all the adjustments under drum peculiarity adjustment I dont believe there is any toner density adjustments. are there any others?

acsolutions
12-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Any other ideas?

methogod
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM
is it dumping toner?

your really not giving us enough info.

you have elimated the drum. I would think next think is to vacum out the process unit, including the dv unit, make sure there is toner in the cleaner unit, if not that may be your issue.

Could be your sensors are covered with toner...
Could be bad DV / or DV Unit..
Could be bad Toner / Generic Toner - happen alot if you dont shake it up well....

acsolutions
12-24-2012, 12:10 AM
is it dumping toner?

your really not giving us enough info.

you have elimated the drum. I would think next think is to vacum out the process unit, including the dv unit, make sure there is toner in the cleaner unit, if not that may be your issue.

Could be your sensors are covered with toner...
Could be bad DV / or DV Unit..
Could be bad Toner / Generic Toner - happen alot if you dont shake it up well....
Not dumping toner! If it were a toner issue you would think it would do it with the old drum and the new drum. If it were a sensor issue it would error when doing the adjustments in the drum peculiarity section, the sensors are clean and so is the process unit!
I did a developer change about 1000 copies ago due to a back grounding problem, I always vacuum out the cleaning section when servicing the process section! We bought this machine recently and then sold it, the customer saw the marks and we replaced the drum and blade under warranty!
everything that you are describing makes sense, the thing that makes no sense is that it happens only with new drums! I just don't want to do alot of shotgunning to resolve the problem.
I hope this is enough info. Thanks

methogod
12-24-2012, 12:50 AM
i hear you.

is machine on dedicated circuit? I have seen crazy shit when the electricity is no good.

I would "recall default settings" with new drum installed, also i would do the LD adjustments, run 500 prints make sure it holds up before you leave.

Can you scan in some samples. Don't know what more i can do without seeing it. you have covered the more logically items.

I know what you mean by raised print, just never seen it all over page, usually happens at the top and bottom or both. I know it happens on 950 when toner is not shaken up real well, also will cause toner particles to get stuck under the doctor blade in the DV unit.

hit me on skype (methogod) maybe some live chat could bring up some new idea's, i am out.

acsolutions
12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
i hear you.

is machine on dedicated circuit? I have seen crazy shit when the electricity is no good.

I would "recall default settings" with new drum installed, also i would do the LD adjustments, run 500 prints make sure it holds up before you leave.

Can you scan in some samples. Don't know what more i can do without seeing it. you have covered the more logically items.

I know what you mean by raised print, just never seen it all over page, usually happens at the top and bottom or both. I know it happens on 950 when toner is not shaken up real well, also will cause toner particles to get stuck under the doctor blade in the DV unit.

hit me on skype (methogod) maybe some live chat could bring up some new idea's, i am out.

Yes, it does it only on the leading edge about 3 inches in. How do you recall default settings? I will check the toner to see if it's generic but we never use generic. when I run a gray scale shot it has a great fill and I dont feel any raised areas. and the smudged areas are very subtle, I don't think you will be able to see the problem if I sent it, if I do have a sample I will send it!
Thanks for hanging in there with me!

methogod
12-24-2012, 04:03 AM
check web as well, when web runs out, you some times get odd things.

if web is ok, make sure parts count on web is not about 500K or it will stop on its own.

my 2 cents.

acsolutions
12-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Hello, Today I replaced the entire process section and still the same problem. I reset all the counters and ran the peculiarity adjustments with the same problem. I am not sure what is causing this problem, so I when ahead and made bias, charge and grid adjustments to balance it out and it seems to be running right now, hoping it will hold! I originally installed a generic drum and did all the peculiarity adjustments, I'm just wondering if this made an adjustment to something that I have overlooked?

methogod
12-27-2012, 04:07 AM
sucks prob just a bad drum.

acsolutions
12-27-2012, 05:29 AM
sucks prob just a bad drum.

Hope so! Thanks again

Custom Search