PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C8000 has disappeared from our network

Custom Search

AB1984
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Had a few problems with the duplexer this morning, after taking it apart found a huge build-up residue which I've cleaned off. However, twice this morning the bizhub's dropped off the network, the first time command workstation automatically connected again after half an hour or so, but after printing another 500 or so sheets it disconnected from the fiery and won't connect again, it says the server name or IP address is invalid. I've tried using the auto search thing for adding new printers, but it doesn't appear in the list. Tried restarting both the printer and the fiery to no avail. Had a look at the network settings, the printer says it has an IP address, so I'm not sure what my next action should be.
Help and advice greatly appreciated.

Also, I would like to add that I'm not aab1 (whoever that is), as some responders to my last post suggested.
Thanks

ruben
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
My first thought would be an IP conflict, if the device is on a static IP then check to make sure nothing else has that IP set. If the problems appear at random and you have a wireless network setup, then it could be a portable device like a laptop or smart phone. Try pinging the IP from a PC when the device is unplugged from the network. If you get a response you know something else has taken the IP.

If the device is on DHCP you will need to check no other devices have the same host name or (very unlikely) the same MAC address.

AB1984
12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you Ruben
I'm not too up on the technical side of networking things, so you'll have to bear with me: I've pinged the IP address the printer's supposed to be on with no problems.
A couple of extra points, in case they're useful.
from the Machine NIC setting screen:

IP Address 192.168.1.252 {this is the same as the Fiery's IP address, is that right?}
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway address: blank
DNS server 1&2: 0.0.0.0

Also, the touch screen is displaying 'Controller is not connected' in the bottom left, is that just a sympton of the problems I'm having, or does it mean there's a loose wire somewhere?

JustManuals
12-27-2012, 04:43 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Albonline
12-27-2012, 09:06 PM
The best advice i can give you on fierys is to call a konica certified tech.

RRodgers
12-28-2012, 04:18 AM
You'll probably need to patch it.

RRodgers
12-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Thank you Ruben
I'm not too up on the technical side of networking things, so you'll have to bear with me: I've pinged the IP address the printer's supposed to be on with no problems.
A couple of extra points, in case they're useful.
from the Machine NIC setting screen:

IP Address 192.168.1.252 {this is the same as the Fiery's IP address, is that right?}
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway address: blank
DNS server 1&2: 0.0.0.0

Also, the touch screen is displaying 'Controller is not connected' in the bottom left, is that just a sympton of the problems I'm having, or does it mean there's a loose wire somewhere?

Fiery's are notorious for needing won't reconnect to copier after falling asleep patch. These are right on Konica's website in the tech section. Seems like you might not be a tech or have access to the website. You'll need a KM tech.

Custom Search