PDA

View Full Version : KM 751 C-6708

Custom Search

doug94550
12-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys,
This is a follow up to my previous post on this problem.
Once again, I have a 751 with a C-6708.
When the machine initializes, the scanner runs to home and then moves out to the white reference.
When the lamp illuminates, it actually flashes on and off about 6 times.
If I reach back and push down the plunger as if the ADF were closed, the lamp illuminates and stays illuminated, no flashing.
This is the cause of the C-6708.
I have replaced the Inverter and the driver board.
The problem began after the Print Driver chip was installed. For what I can see, the Print Driver chip is essentially a jumper to enable the Print Function.
I was able to get the Firmware and was ready to Flash the machine but in order to do this I have to go through the Service Mode, System 2, ISW.
And here is where I hit the wall.
I can enter Service Mode just fine. When I get there, in the upper right corner, it shows the C-6708 code.
From that point, when I try to select anything, the machine just throws up a "Please Wait" next to the code and it just sits there.
I can reset the code, however, when I do, the machine initializes again, the lamp flashes, and the code returns.
Is the a backdoor way to bypass this code and Flash the machine?
Any and all ideas gratefully appreciated.
Have a Happy New Year Everybody!!!
Doug
Oh Yeah, one more thing. Does anyone have the part number for the system board?

JustManuals
12-27-2012, 08:15 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 (11.00 this week) and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Albonline
12-27-2012, 09:03 PM
from the bookAGC adjustment level abnormality.
• The light blocking cover at the
read section and the lens
cover are removed.
• The connector of the CCD
board (CCDB) is disconnected.
• The power cable of the CCDB
is unplugged.
• The IC protector of the CCDB
converter board is cut off.
• The light volume of the exposure
lamp is excessive.
• The exposure lamp does not
light up.
CCD board (CCDB)
Exposure lamp (L1)

did you try removing the ic chip?

EarthKmTech
12-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Not that its all that relaited but recently i had a persistant AGC adjustment malfunction on a bizhub 421, it turned out to be a failed CCD. Also make sure you haven't inadvertently damaged the ribbon cable to the CCD while the back was off and that its seated correctly with no damage. (if there is one, i cant remember)

DelawareJim
12-28-2012, 02:38 AM
On that model, isn't there 2 sets of slots where the IC-208 chip can go? I wonder if you've got the chip in the correct socket. Take the chip put and see if your problem goes away. When you put that chip in, make sure it is inserted in the correct slots and make sure its not upside down. Damn, could they make that thing any smaller?

methogod
12-28-2012, 02:46 AM
Or you have the older 600 IC CHIP...

possible..

Custom Search