PDA

View Full Version : C364 Printer with secure ID/Login

Custom Search

wseyller
12-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Customer has a new machine with C364 PCL driver and asked a question. There question is below. Is this possible?

I have a question for you about the new BizHub we got last week. Whenever anyone in the office tries to print something, they are required to put in their department name and password. Is there somewhere in the print driver preferences or user codes we can enter this information one time, rather than having to enter it each time we print something?

The user settings allow for a secure ID or adding to the user box, but I can’t find any place to enter the dept. name/password to keep from having to type it in each time I want to print something. There’s nothing in the user guides that I can find to help with this and would very much appreciate your assistance.

EDIT: I found TAUS0802548EN03 But it did not help. On the machine it deletes the print job with group auth error.

Subject:
When printing with Account Track/User Authentication enabled, the print job does not print out.
Description:
Unable to perform print pass through (Print without Authentication) with Account Track/User Authentication enabled.
Solution:
CAUSE: Incorrect printer driver settings.

SOLUTION: To perform print pass through with Account Track/User Authentication enabled, in the printer driver Properties, select the Configure tab and, under Device Option, select Account Track.
If this setting is set to "Enable", you have to input Department Name and Password even if the "Print without authentication" is set to Allow. If the Department Name and Password are blank, the print job will canceled.
If this setting is set to "Disable", the job can be printed.
If the setting is grayed out and cannot be changed, you must uncheck the "AUTO" setting in the "Acquire Settings" option to allow changes to be made.

Also I went into settings and tried the procedure below but got Error - not possible to verify the settings the specified dept name in account track has not been registered check if the setting is correct. printing will be cancelled.

Checked verify authentification settings before printing and unchecked popup authentication dialog when printing.

Mr Spock
12-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Printers> right click on printer> printing preferences > basic tab > user authentication > enter credentials and click verify.
Click apply/ok until back to desktop.

Should be in network admin guide.

blackcat4866
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Printers> right click on printer> printing preferences > basic tab > user authentication > enter credentials and click verify.

That's correct. But your endusers will have to retrieve their print jobs by entering their username and password each time, when using secure print. It's something like 8 steps to retrieve a print job. If anybody with influence has to use it, it often gets turned off. =^..^=

1FRY1
12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Account track/user authentication and secure printing are different things.

Secure print is used to stop jobs printing off if you are not at the machine so confidential data is not left on machine

Account track/User authentication is used to track usage of machine.

you need to decide what you want.

Use printing peferences to hold the account data, It does work I have used it on those machines

Print without authentication will allow the job to pass through and print BUT it will not be logged for billing

wseyller
12-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah its not secure print but account track they are using. I believe Mr Spock is correct. Another tech in house also led me to the same. I will be calling the customer Wednesday to try this again. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RRodgers
12-31-2012, 11:50 PM

That is the fix right derrr

Custom Search