PDA

View Full Version : Rubber rejuvenator? any suggestions

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

Waylon
12-31-2012, 09:27 PM
when cleaning feed rollers in copiers etc. we used to used alcohol, but that dries out rollers and shortens their natural life.

for years we have used a product called HL Platten cleaner, by coopers, that we would get from Katun, but we cannot seem to find it any more.

We are looking for product that will extend the natural life of rollers. any suggestions?

ZOOTECH
12-31-2012, 09:38 PM
when cleaning feed rollers in copiers etc. we used to used alcohol, but that dries out rollers and shortens their natural life.

for years we have used a product called HL Platten cleaner, by coopers, that we would get from Katun, but we cannot seem to find it any more.

We are looking for product that will extend the natural life of rollers. any suggestions?

We have used WD-40 for the feed rollers that are rubber, not the neoprene ones though. Spray a cloth, not the rollers, and rub in. It works great on Sharp's resist rollers, removing paper dust and gives the hard rubber a soft touch. Just be sure to wipe down the rollers after cleaning.

blackcat4866
12-31-2012, 09:45 PM
I've had good results from De-Solv-It Contractors Solvent. It's orange oil based, and works well on rubber (tires), neoprene (tires), plastic (covers), adhesive, but not so well on metal. Similar chemical combinations are used in floor wax stripper which works well also. =^..^=

Shadow
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
I have used a product called " Simple Green "
cut it with water at 60/40 and it works great on all rollers in the machine.

Tonerbomb
01-01-2013, 12:16 AM
For actual rubber rollers I use Blow Off brand rubber rejuvenator. Works well although it does have an oder to it so be carefull in a customers office.

Iowatech
01-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Like ZOOTECH, I like using WD40. I've been using it for years to clean rubber rollers that are just dirty. And as I leave my tech tool case in the car, it is nice that WD40 doesn't freeze when temps get below 32F. Plus, it cleans off troublesome tape glue and a good deal of pen ink, too (although alcohol is usually best for most of that). While it is not adequate as a general purpose lubricant, when used carefully it has gotten me out of some nagging noise problems long enough that I was able to replace the affected parts, too.

JR2ALTA
01-01-2013, 03:05 AM
For actual rubber rollers I use Blow Off brand rubber rejuvenator. Works well although it does have an oder to it so be carefull in a customers office.

Great product, yes will offend customers and eat plastic! so be careful with it.

Max Professional - Quality Cleaners, Adhesives, and Lubricants (http://www.blowoff.com/electronics/index.html)

jose antonio
01-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Great product, yes will offend customers and eat plastic! so be careful with it.

Max Professional - Quality Cleaners, Adhesives, and Lubricants (http://www.blowoff.com/electronics/index.html)

For me it does not make sense to use "oil based" cleaners on rubber rollers.How do you get rid of all that
oil sticking on the rollers http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAIAAAC QkWg2AAACVElEQVQokXXSUUhTYRQH8O/b0lzjeueYV91o0+tZljlbZKAUycBMUIMCCaFGpjLFh5Ki8MleF qH4NLBJkmRCEYyGY+IQFLPuUBxK4RgFC0djF8fu5Y57mWw99DD KS7Tz9D2c3zn/Ax/SarUAAAAEQajV6vyboihUqACAJEmKovKtOp2OJMm8L2gQQvnZx cXFCCGFQgEAWq22YDdBEH9jQGURAFgbalgPLQVA8pk+Oksdl5F GJQMGgwEAEEIdjeheBwUAB+Gxw8SzTPxp5scjKTLCe81u+zF96 R+g0+kIgmgyoW8vTsw4O0cG2jP7veJuM89YeMaS3m4V9+4K652 zPUiJZRvcfcrD0NWx0S4A+BVty4Zb+KBV2q5Pr9KpFUh/6Y+/MrabZcFi8+U51pWJ3clFbbmojQ9a/wHC9vDLm/gISAE6J8xJkbZc1ObsVm1ON4jBeme3aneGZj2VKf+p9K5jbUAG xGU6m5wUdy5mI82huUbGdYZfq9uYqGWmTIl35exCWTpkDzrkYL E6m3AKjEXcaRIYSzJwOukzJn0G1lMZn9f8nCX4rcEPt2Tg83NN JjqW3rrEr9ZxATq1ZEwu6jl/FTNRNdVTwYxr2JXeJy2yo0dbUcp7NvP9AbdUzS3XJBcNgp/yPqxw2ytWHpOxt+bgkIomZYBUoTl7EbfWKYaH+fULB++pxGuSX SjjlupTG7cjrnPdtegoEMYYY0yUoHEb3p82cJuD4t596atDCDn i/hsB+/ErJ5FS8b9/pcDovB5NXkOr/fhTH35zHQ9ZUVnJ0ezfIRTy1dvsQlgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

In the past I always used Formula A from Xerox, now I am using Denatured alcohol 96% with acetone with good results.

skynet
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
+1 for WD40

blackcat4866
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
For me it does not make sense to use "oil based" cleaners on rubber rollers.How do you get rid of all that
oil sticking on the rollers http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAIAAAC QkWg2AAACVElEQVQokXXSUUhTYRQH8O/b0lzjeueYV91o0+tZljlbZKAUycBMUIMCCaFGpjLFh5Ki8MleF qH4NLBJkmRCEYyGY+IQFLPuUBxK4RgFC0djF8fu5Y57mWw99DD KS7Tz9D2c3zn/Ax/SarUAAAAEQajV6vyboihUqACAJEmKovKtOp2OJMm8L2gQQvnZx cXFCCGFQgEAWq22YDdBEH9jQGURAFgbalgPLQVA8pk+Oksdl5F GJQMGgwEAEEIdjeheBwUAB+Gxw8SzTPxp5scjKTLCe81u+zF96 R+g0+kIgmgyoW8vTsw4O0cG2jP7veJuM89YeMaS3m4V9+4K652 zPUiJZRvcfcrD0NWx0S4A+BVty4Zb+KBV2q5Pr9KpFUh/6Y+/MrabZcFi8+U51pWJ3clFbbmojQ9a/wHC9vDLm/gISAE6J8xJkbZc1ObsVm1ON4jBeme3aneGZj2VKf+p9K5jbUAG xGU6m5wUdy5mI82huUbGdYZfq9uYqGWmTIl35exCWTpkDzrkYL E6m3AKjEXcaRIYSzJwOukzJn0G1lMZn9f8nCX4rcEPt2Tg83NN JjqW3rrEr9ZxATq1ZEwu6jl/FTNRNdVTwYxr2JXeJy2yo0dbUcp7NvP9AbdUzS3XJBcNgp/yPqxw2ytWHpOxt+bgkIomZYBUoTl7EbfWKYaH+fULB++pxGuSX SjjlupTG7cjrnPdtegoEMYYY0yUoHEb3p82cJuD4t596atDCDn i/hsB+/ErJ5FS8b9/pcDovB5NXkOr/fhTH35zHQ9ZUVnJ0ezfIRTy1dvsQlgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The rubber is cleaned well. Any residual oil feeds off on the first piece of paper passed.

The only negative is that orange oil based cleaners cannot be used on plastics that are heated, like fuser covers. Extra solvent tends to collect in the screw valleys, then when heated attacks the plastic. The result is that your fuser cover falls off. =^..^=

HenryT2
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I have been working on Kyocera for the last five & 1/2 years .... and where I work, 99.5 % of the time we use WATER ( just plain water ) .
It works great on feed / sep / retard rollers, charge rollers , etc , and does not offend customers or eat plastic!
We also on occasion use 99% alcohol to get ink, etc, off covers when regular soap and a scrungy pad do not work .

Dennison Tech
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Fedron, old school - works great!

ddude
01-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Fedron, old school - works great!

YES!!?!?!!

But it offends in so many ways-

ZOOTECH
01-09-2013, 03:25 AM
YES!!?!?!!

But it offends in so many ways-

Yeah, it can clear a office space quicker than one of Shadows1 farts! ;)

nmfaxman
01-09-2013, 05:46 AM
Registration and transport rollers, citrus solvent from Image Supply Service. Won't melt plastic on contact.

Feed rollers, simple spit and rub to get the paper dust and toner off. Organic, spread by finger, no cost chemical, acid based and spread by oils from fingers. If they don't have a tread, replace them.

Synaux
01-14-2013, 10:48 PM

In the past I always used Formula A from Xerox, now I am using Denatured alcohol 96% with acetone with good results.

Denatured alcohol with acetone, really!? Acetone can seriously #$%! your world in an instant if you are not careful... Unless you are buying it mixed together with denatured alcohol or something [do the two even mix well?] I would rarely recommend using it straight.

WD40 and 91% alcohol is what I use.

We used to use rubber rejuvenator designed for printing press blankets (forget the name), but after a number of years, we concluded that it was far too abrasive for most uses (as well as the stink and you really had to put some time into rubbing...including clean-up).

jose antonio
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Denatured alcohol with acetone, really!? Acetone can seriously #$%! your world in an instant if you are not careful... Unless you are buying it mixed together with denatured alcohol or something [do the two even mix well?] I would rarely recommend using it straight.

WD40 and 91% alcohol is what I use.

We used to use rubber rejuvenator designed for printing press blankets (forget the name), but after a number of years, we concluded that it was far too abrasive for most uses (as well as the stink and you really had to put some time into rubbing...including clean-up).

Hi Synaux,

Yes i buy it locally, already mixed.
You can use it straight from the container, i've been using it for years now. Good for cleaning covers an platen glass also, and smells good too!
The product you mean is "Blanked Wash", we use it too sometimes when more aggressive cleaning is needed, and you are right about the stink.Good ventilation is needed.

atwageman
01-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Fedron. But like others have said, it's not recommended in todays hyper sensitive, my ass is allergic to everything type crowd.

SCREWTAPE
01-19-2013, 01:46 AM
The best rubber rejuvenator is... soap and water or just replace the part if you can. I tried a couple of options which always ended up biting me in the ass.

Iowatech
01-19-2013, 01:49 AM
As long as we are talking about cleaners, anybody have a take on "Mr. Clean" Magic Erasers (http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do)? We use them mainly to remove caked on toner from developer (mag) rollers during a developer change, but they seem to work nicely in other applications, too.

CThurman
01-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Tri-Flow (WD40 knock off) works really well. I dont use it on neoprene style bizhub rollers tho..:D

Synaux
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
As long as we are talking about cleaners, anybody have a take on "Mr. Clean" Magic Erasers (http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do)? We use them mainly to remove caked on toner from developer (mag) rollers during a developer change, but they seem to work nicely in other applications, too.

Those magic erasers are awesome for most household applications (although I think they leave a residue). But you got me curious, I will have to try it out.

On the topic of Neoprene vs WD40:
Neoprene is a vulcanized polymer (making it in fact a [synthetic] rubber). I am no chemist, but I just spent some time reading about neoprene and WD40. I have found that adverse effects of WD40 when applied to neoprene are nearly nonexistent.

According to the "Technical Data Sheet (http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd_40tec16952473.pdf)" for WD40:
"Surface Compatibility
For all variations : WD-40 demonstrates none to negligible deleterious effect to plastic, rubber, and metal hard surfaces. This includes Acetal, neoprene/hard rubber, HDPE, PPS Copolymer Polysulfone, Teflon, Viton, steel, galvanized steel hot dip, electroplated, copper, brass, magnesium, nickel, tin plate, titanium, and zinc."

However, the same document does note:
"Surface Cautions
Nearly all surfaces interact with WD-40 as they would any high grade ali-phatic petroleum spirit. Certain types of rubber will swell upon prolonged immersion. Wax polishes and certain wax coatings may be softened by WD-40. Clear polycarbonate and polystyrene may stress craze or crack. Always test surfaces first."

This reminds me of my idiot friend putting power steering fluid (a purely petroleum product) in his brake master cylinder, because the power steering fluid will make the rubber seals swell, he flushed and replaced several parts to the brake system.
Alas, WD40 is not power steering fluid. I lost the link, but some guy soaked some rubber o-rings in WD40 for an entire month and they performed just fine after, although they were probably not neoprene; however, this illustrates that the petroleum prowess of WD40 is quite low.

WD40 FAQS: (http://wd40.com/faqs/)
"WD-40 Multi-Use Product can be used on just about everything. It is safe to use on metal, rubber, wood and plastic. It can also be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40 Multi-Use Product."

As far as I can tell, neoprene is neither a polycarbonate or clear polystyrene plastic.
Then again, I hear that WD40 will dissolve neoprene gloves...

Either way, I find it interesting that according to the interwebs, WD40 can cure arthritis, keep flies off cows, attract fish when used on bait, prevent squirrels from climbing into a birdhouse, free a tongue stuck to frozen metal in winter, et cetera.

Iowatech
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Those magic erasers are awesome for most household applications (although I think they leave a residue). But you got me curious, I will have to try it out.

On the topic of Neoprene vs WD40:
Neoprene is a vulcanized polymer (making it in fact a [synthetic] rubber). I am no chemist, but I just spent some time reading about neoprene and WD40. I have found that adverse effects of WD40 when applied to neoprene are nearly nonexistent.

According to the "Technical Data Sheet (http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd_40tec16952473.pdf)" for WD40:
"Surface Compatibility
For all variations : WD-40 demonstrates none to negligible deleterious effect to plastic, rubber, and metal hard surfaces. This includes Acetal, neoprene/hard rubber, HDPE, PPS Copolymer Polysulfone, Teflon, Viton, steel, galvanized steel hot dip, electroplated, copper, brass, magnesium, nickel, tin plate, titanium, and zinc."

However, the same document does note:
"Surface Cautions
Nearly all surfaces interact with WD-40 as they would any high grade ali-phatic petroleum spirit. Certain types of rubber will swell upon prolonged immersion. Wax polishes and certain wax coatings may be softened by WD-40. Clear polycarbonate and polystyrene may stress craze or crack. Always test surfaces first."

This reminds me of my idiot friend putting power steering fluid (a purely petroleum product) in his brake master cylinder, because the power steering fluid will make the rubber seals swell, he flushed and replaced several parts to the brake system.
Alas, WD40 is not power steering fluid. I lost the link, but some guy soaked some rubber o-rings in WD40 for an entire month and they performed just fine after, although they were probably not neoprene; however, this illustrates that the petroleum prowess of WD40 is quite low.

WD40 FAQS: (http://wd40.com/faqs/)
"WD-40 Multi-Use Product can be used on just about everything. It is safe to use on metal, rubber, wood and plastic. It can also be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40 Multi-Use Product."

As far as I can tell, neoprene is neither a polycarbonate or clear polystyrene plastic.
Then again, I hear that WD40 will dissolve neoprene gloves...

Either way, I find it interesting that according to the interwebs, WD40 can cure arthritis, keep flies off cows, attract fish when used on bait, prevent squirrels from climbing into a birdhouse, free a tongue stuck to frozen metal in winter, et cetera.

I don't know about the cow flies or arthritis things, but back in the day I did get to see a guy seat the bead of a split rim tire using WD40 and fire. I've been lead to believe that is no longer possible, though. Oh, well.

blackcat4866
01-21-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't know about the cow flies or arthritis things, but back in the day I did get to see a guy seat the bead of a split rim tire using WD40 and fire. I've been lead to believe that is no longer possible, though. Oh, well.

Yeah, I've seen it done with starting fluid and a match. Impressive flare up. =^..^=

SCREWTAPE
01-21-2013, 12:41 AM
I used to use wd40 on certain rubber feed rollers and path rollers. It'd seemed all good until a couple a months later, the rubber turned like a sticky putty. Bad, Bad, Bad. Jams galore. Never again. DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF SOLUTION BESIDES ALCOHOL, SOAP OR WATER.

Claudio
01-21-2013, 12:58 AM
The way I see it, if cleaning it with plain watered down windex does'nt do it, then its time to replace the rollers. Trying to clean them with any harsher cleaners will only earn you an extra trip to the customer's here and there. Cheaper to fix it right the first time

SCREWTAPE
01-21-2013, 01:13 AM
The way I see it, if cleaning it with plain watered down windex does'nt do it, then its time to replace the rollers. Trying to clean them with any harsher cleaners will only earn you an extra trip to the customer's here and there. Cheaper to fix it right the first time

Agree;)

Iowatech
01-21-2013, 02:19 AM
I used to use wd40 on certain rubber feed rollers and path rollers. It'd seemed all good until a couple a months later, the rubber turned like a sticky putty. Bad, Bad, Bad. Jams galore. Never again. DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF SOLUTION BESIDES ALCOHOL, SOAP OR WATER.

Drop the alcohol and your golden. Soapy water works best, but alcohol wrecks rubber, so that won't work even a little bit.

krm
01-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Drop the alcohol and your golden. Soapy water works best, but alcohol wrecks rubber, so that won't work even a little bit.
WD 40, then a mild cleaner. WD 40 cleans thoroughly and quickly. I've recently cleaned without wd because I ran out and was slow to resupply. Cleaning large, hard to move reg. rollers while cleaning with water is painful.

jose antonio
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
WD 40, then a mild cleaner. WD 40 cleans thoroughly and quickly. I've recently cleaned without wd because I ran out and was slow to resupply. Cleaning large, hard to move reg. rollers while cleaning with water is painful.

Who started the use of WD 40 on rubber feed rollers ???

Have you read the cleaning instructions for feed rollers on service documention on any given machine? no matter what make.

Worked for 23 years for xerox, never used it on any model. 9 years for canon , same thing.
I can see many of you like it for it's cleaning power, but it is not for rubber feed rollers.
96 % Denaturated alcohol mixed with acetone is what i have been using for manny years with no problems.
Or you can try this: "Blanket wash"used on offset presses, special for all rubber rollers, The best rubber rejuvenator!! only draw back,smell.

Anybody willing to give it a try?

Let me know your findings.

kingarthur
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM

We use AF Platenclene from Katun, just checked their website you can still get it, it's also good for cleaning the encrusted toner at the entrance of fusers

mrwho
01-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Either WD-40 or water+soap. About WD40 curing arthritis I don't know (although if I ever develop arthritis, I'll let you know), but it saved my wife's cell phone's touchscreen after it got sprinkled with wall paint.

ZOOTECH
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Either WD-40 or water+soap. About WD40 curing arthritis I don't know (although if I ever develop arthritis, I'll let you know), but it saved my wife's cell phone's touchscreen after it got sprinkled with wall paint.

Painting and texting at the same time - you have quite a talented wife mrwho. :)

mrwho
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Painting and texting at the same time - you have quite a talented wife mrwho. :)

You have no idea...

kyrenecopy
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Easy, soap and water or replace the tires. doesn't matter what the tire is made of.

Synaux
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Replacing the part is perhaps the best in many circumstances, but sometimes one should actually work instead of switching out some Lego pieces.
There are many clients that do not have service contracts rendering indiscriminate replacement(s) not viable. Why does everyone seem to default to replacing parts as if they are free in this forum?

Okay...

Yes, if one were to bathe rubber in alcohol for extended periods of time it would probably cause issues, but the way I see it, it works very well for cleaning purposes. And I believe that the damage would be so microscopic its not even worth consideration.

Maybe we can take a tip from the Romans and start cleaning with urine: cleaning (http://fascinatinghistory.blogspot.com/2005/09/washing-clothes-roman-style.html)
(I wonder why there is a hyperlink in my prior post in "master brake cylinder," strange...)

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
01-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Put your heart to rest,....simply use Water & soap. There's a powder detergent here on our market called 'OMO', manufactured by the internationally renowned Dutch company ' UNILEVER'. Mildly dissolved in water it does wonders on the rubber feed tires, as well as the plastic covers. A few years ago a chemical in a pressurized container, labeled 'Contact Cleaner' invaded our local market here. It was really good. It was a PHILLIPS brand from Netherlands. We could even use it to clean dusty Sensors, optical rails etc. It was selling like 'hot cakes', much better than the WD-40. Then the unthinkable happened! The product disappeared from the shelves for sometime, and when it 'came back' on the market it was not the the same PHILLIPS contact cleaner we knew, but its Duplicate or possibly even Quadruplicate with NO clear label of origin. This did us great damage. You could spray it on the sensor or rubber tires at your own peril. We resorted to the WD-40 instead, its good for removing dry joints & squeaking noise in machines. I now mostly use nothing but water with mild detergent or soap.

mrwho
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
We have Omo here, it's a detergent used to hand wash clothing. It's not practical to carry it around, but I'll probably try to carry a small bottle with water'n'Omo and see how it fares...

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
We have Omo here, it's a detergent used to hand wash clothing. It's not practical to carry it around, but I'll probably try to carry a small bottle with water'n'Omo and see how it fares...
You are right to say it's not practical to carry it around. What I normally do is to 'pre-mix' the two to form a weak solution in a separate bowl and then pour in a small bottle. make sure the omo is completely dissolved, with little or no particle seen in the mixture. (Warm water quickens the dissolution process). Apply on apiece of lint-free cloth to clean the rubbers, after this you may also need to 'rinse' with clean water damped on a separate piece of cloth. For cleaning the external covers, you may need to increase the concentration of the solution. Good Luck.

kingarthur
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM

well if it does cure arthritis....then maybe you won't get it....cos it's cured it before you had it....:D

redneckstylin
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
i use selsol works great

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
01-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Switch to Tech Sol. Contains no xylene, and is compatible with plastic surfaces.
Clean and rejuvenate rollers so you only need one product.
View at Vendmark Technology ® Office Equipment Cleaning Supplies & Static Control Solutions (http://www.vendmarktech.com). We ship this cleaner throughout Canada and the 48 contiguous states, USA.

Wow!!! The company has really GREAT products. I'll make a search in our local supermarkets/computer stores here to find out if any of them is already importing this great products. Thanks vtech.

blackcat4866
03-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Outstanding for hand cleaning rubber rollers out of the press and the cleaning of roller ends. Rubber rejuvenator is very useful for people.

You use rubber rejuvenator to clean people? Any specific people, or just people at random? What sort of reaction do you get when you clean these people? Do they like it? I don't think that I would. Maybe after I'd just done a fuser rebuild ...

It doesn't much sound like you're in the copier business. Maybe theater or show business? This is a strange compulsion, to clean other people. =^..^=

Synaux
03-09-2013, 08:20 AM
You use rubber rejuvenator to clean people? Any specific people, or just people at random? What sort of reaction do you get when you clean these people? Do they like it? I don't think that I would. Maybe after I'd just done a fuser rebuild ...

It doesn't much sound like you're in the copier business. Maybe theater or show business? This is a strange compulsion, to clean other people. =^..^=

Well, he might be on to something...
"Rubber Rejuvenator: The Therapeutic Epidermal Conditioning Spa System That Rejuvenates Your Skin"
(or rather makes your skin to go through ecdysis--you know--like a snake)

ZOOTECH
03-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Well, he might be on to something...
"Rubber Rejuvenator: The Therapeutic Epidermal Conditioning Spa System That Rejuvenates Your Skin"
(or rather makes your skin to go through ecdysis--you know--like a snake)

That's sounds like it hurts ;(.

Synaux
03-10-2013, 08:54 AM
That's sounds like it hurts ;(.
"Relax sir/madam, it is merely an exfoliant that will make you feel young and rejuvenated"

jenagrey8585
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
With so many moving parts and opportunities for paper jams, it’s a wonder that many printers last as long as they do.
Over time, paper dust, ink residue and other debris accumulate inside the printer and coat the roller. When that happens, the roller cannot move freely, and paper jams can result. Put your printer in draft or economy mode
. Run your printer's cartridge cleaning tool once a week. Remove the toner from the printer and put a small piece of masking tape over the window or drum.

Synaux
03-12-2013, 08:10 AM
With so many moving parts and opportunities for paper jams, it’s a wonder that many printers last as long as they do.
Over time, paper dust, ink residue and other debris accumulate inside the printer and coat the roller. When that happens, the roller cannot move freely, and paper jams can result
. Put your printer in draft or economy mode

Run your printer's cartridge cleaning tool once a week. Remove the toner from the printer and put a small piece of masking tape over the window or drum.

Okay...Maybe I am drunk, but you are insane if you think that draft or economy mode will help any "printer."
Clean the damn rollers and earn your keep (if that is your Yob)
NEVER sacrifice quality--hell teach them how to clean the "rollers" if you are that damn lazy....

jenagrey8585
03-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Give me a break mate :( i am just sharing my views i am not saying i am the expert of this, i just want to help and thinks that may be this info will help :confused:

Hansoon
03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes, also sacrificing cute little fluffy furry animals to an obscure deity seems to help a lot I have heard. But only when doing at the same time that Indian rain dance....

Hans

Custom Search