PDA

View Full Version : C350 Cyan Issues

Custom Search

jonminns
01-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi there,

I'm a newb to to copiers, but a dab hand with most techie things. I've got a Bizhub C350, which has been producing deteriorating blue prints. Machine has done around 200k, all image units are supposedly new (look perfect) and prints on all other colours is fine. Been into admin mode and printed test pages, shaken the imaging unit repeatedly, used the toner replenish command a few times, and it seems to be getting worse whilst i'm printing test pages. It's a genuine cyan toner, with seemingly plenty of content left. The thing that confuses me is that the start of each page prints fine, however it deteriorates along the length of the page from about half way.

Has anyone come across this before, and do you know of a solution? I'm really confused. I've got through a few quirks of this machine, and fixed some defective limit switches, and have it working nicely, well apart from the poor scan quality (as you can see below!)

Please see scans of the issue here: http://premier-ltd.com/public/13010218290.pdf

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Jon

brent
01-02-2013, 06:29 PM
the cyan could have been a re used re chipped unit. do you have access to a new image unit?
often the easiest solution on a color doing that . for me. ir to swap out iu. that will tell ya

brent

jonminns
01-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks for your reply!

I don't have a spare image unit to hand, so I was trying to rule out other options first. What do you think would be failing on this IU to cause this print issue?

Would it be a bad idea to try topping up the IU with a funnel? I'm not sure how much toner should be in there, but it's mainly developer with a smidge of toner. (mainly grey powder)

Thanks

brent
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
these image unts fail from time to time. I think it is the drum. yellow units are especially bad. they just loose photoconductivity I think. I really don't know why. but I think it is impossible to know if someone re chipped them and said they were new. if you run your 4 color solid pattern and there are variations in just the cyan. ie. they yellow magenta and blacks are all soid with no missing or wierd lines. that will narrow it down to what unit is the culprit. that is my opinion. and that is what I use to troubleshoot.

brent

paulrid
01-02-2013, 07:42 PM
It does look like IU to me but might be worth cleaning the print heads with the cleaning rod.

minimerlin
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
I agree, the Cyan IU is faulty, but have a quick look at the transferbelt in case the cyan primary roller has broken mounts. But my gut says that it is the IU.

jonminns
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks for your replies

I suspected it would be the image unit

I'll try cleaning the printheads, and I'll check the transfer roller first though. Any tips for doing this? (Noob without a service manual!)

wseyller
01-03-2013, 03:02 AM
For clean print heads there is a wand tool that you insert into each hole located below the image units. This wand tool is usually store on the inside of the front door.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jonminns
01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
OK - so the transfer belt seems clean, I've cleaned the LED arrays. Still no change. So I thought I'd double check the white gear thing on the back of the IU was tight, and rotated it. The developer isn't available down the whole length of the drum, and this tallies with where the print is missing. Seems to be plenty in there though... if I wind the white gear on the back it covers the length of the drum. As soon as it goes back in the machine it isn't presented in front of the problem print area.

The machine is on a slight angle (backwards) - could this affect only one colour?

Any ideas other than a replacement IU? Was considering replacing the OPC drum, but would that fix the lack of powder available? Is the developer attracted to the drum, and the first bit has gone sideways? Should I clean the drum with anything?

Thanks in advance

Shadow
01-03-2013, 05:11 PM
if the machine is not sitting level then you need to fix this issue first before you go any further.
once the machine is leveled you will have to replace the cyan unit and then you should be good to go with this machine.
two items you should always carry in your kit or vehicle is a good quality torpedo level and an adjustable wrench.

jonminns
01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
OK - I've got the level out and it's actually bang on, it just looks out

Is there any way to rebuild these IUs? Is it just the OPC drum that needs changing? Don't want to have to fork out £200 odd every time this happens, if it's a £30 drum that needs swapping

Thanks

brent
01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
is this your personal machine? you seem very tight with money on it. unfortunately these machines cost money to run and operate. there may be iu kits available. and you may try it. if it were mine. I would just repalce the iu. done deal. everyone here said the same thing as I have. just replace the darn thing.

brent

MAD0RAM
01-04-2013, 12:30 AM
is this your personal machine? you seem very tight with money on it. unfortunately these machines cost money to run and operate. there may be iu kits available. and you may try it. if it were mine. I would just repalce the iu. done deal. everyone here said the same thing as I have. just replace the darn thing.

brent

X2

edward robby
01-04-2013, 01:39 AM
just try to remove and clean the print head. i encounter it several times. i got it on printhead. but sometimes its on the drum....

kronical
01-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Check to make sure the little flap on the IU is not broken off which will block the toner flow from the hopper to the IU. May also have a clogged toner hopper.

zert
09-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Buy a IU resetter.

Custom Search