PDA

View Full Version : CQ bh160 incorrect t/c

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
message of incorrect t/c (toner cartridge) swapped oem drum and toner, cleaned as needed. still get message periodically

laid back customer doesn't mind reseating, or rebooting but I'd like to get a handle on it if anyone has seen this.

thanks in advance

EarthKmTech
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
From memory, the official method is to hold down the stop button while powering on the machine to clear this error.

However, when i see it, I also ensure the contacts are clean on both the "T/C" and the machine, and just at the point the cartridge lowers when closing the door, i stop closing the door and push the "T/C" downwards good and proper manually and then close the door.

Also make sure at idle the memory is at 100% anything less after a fresh power on and there are no faxes stored in memory means the memory contains corrupt fax data and a DRAM clear is required. (more prevalent on the F2900/3900, but also occurs on these and everything up to the B163 series) Strange behavior results from this alone.

JustManuals
01-04-2013, 03:00 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hansoon
01-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Its this terminal getting dirty inside and/or having warped contacts. Just solder a resistor as shown in the picture and machine believes that a unit is present.

Hans

Custom Search