PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub 361 duplex or jamming

Custom Search

blazebusiness
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh boy......2-sided copies jam every 3 sheets. I've noticed for a while people posting about those 2 clutches in the adu and of how much of a pain it is to disassemble. Been lucky up till now and never had to do it. Funny how the procedure for disassembly of the adu is not detailed in my 361 or even the 360 biz hub series field service manuals. Guess I will just have to figure it out. Any tips or pitfalls? Comments appreciated.

kingarthur
01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
it is actually very easy to do...once you've done it the first time...dont try to remove the metal plate...it wont come off, i slide the rollers out so the clutches just drop out, after i've moved the metal plate to one side, just beware that there is a drive belt inside, which if you forget it...you'll know...if i remember it goes from the top clutch to a gear below....good luck :)

blazebusiness
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
it is actually very easy to do...once you've done it the first time...dont try to remove the metal plate...it wont come off, i slide the rollers out so the clutches just drop out, after i've moved the metal plate to one side, just beware that there is a drive belt inside, which if you forget it...you'll know...if i remember it goes from the top clutch to a gear below....good luck :)

Thanks for replying....going out to install clutches this am. Looks like the first step is to remove the long right black cover(or gray cover if you have the 360 series). From the parts manual pic I can see the metal plate you refer to. I imagine it won't come off due due the gear drive engage assy that protrudes through the inside of the door (unless you completely disassemble the door assembly itself). Removing the clips to take off the roller shafts for access to those clutches is a good tip---thanks. Is the right long plastic access cover easy to remove? The parts manual shows one screw at the bottom but I bet there's more to getting that cover off than that-LOL. Thanks again for taking the time to comment. Sending you some rep power points for your effort.

blazebusiness
01-05-2013, 09:53 PM

Got the job done....machine working great. Only snag was removing that right black cover to get at the clutches. There's gotta be an easier way to remove that cover. Customer happy----thanks again for replying.

Custom Search