PDA

View Full Version : c220 logical back for full back what's the difference.

Custom Search

mikez
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I need to reformat the hdd in a c220 and there is 2 options a logical back and a full backup. Does anbody know the difference cause the service manual doesn't say. I don't want to lose scanning and fax address book if possible.

sanimir
01-04-2013, 06:48 PM
full backup, it seems logical :)

I need to reformat the hdd in a c220 and there is 2 options a logical back and a full backup. Does anbody know the difference cause the service manual doesn't say. I don't want to lose scanning and fax address book if possible.

emujo
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
I think you mean format...logical will only delete the pointers that locate the data stored in the HDD, physical re-writes x's to the drive..physical takes much longer to accomplish, but either choice will delete your address books. To prevent this back up the entries via page scope web connection. I might recommend using the HDD Backup utility, but if you suspect a problem with the drive then you might just wind up putting back any corrupt files when you do the backup. Emujo

brent
01-10-2013, 05:33 AM
mike. did you figure this out? please report back

brent

mikez
01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
mike. did you figure this out? please report back

brent

We ended up clearing fax memory didn't do the format.

brent
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
what was it doing? that you needed to perform this?

cant wait for school with ya in 3 weeks..

brent

mikez
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Couldn't receive faxes, Sending side gets a line error message. and there was a code P18 I think is what it was.

Custom Search